Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

well IMO, i didn't think an artist could free hand draw that picture onto skin, when i say that i mean with marker. the detail comes from the tattoo gun which obviously is freehanded.

i take what vangoz says to mean that the artist drew on the outline with marker and freehanded with the gun?

are we friends now.Alot of good tattooists can do almost anything.yes they can tattoo without no transfer at all.It goes to show how skilled these tattooist can do.The tattoo gun is their baby and able to do anything on the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

davey180 wrote: »
    yes they can tattoo without no transfer at all.

that i not make it evident that i know this? my ribs were freehanded, but they're a pretty simple japanese design with wind and flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Any chance of a colour pic, looks awesome so far. Is it gonna be whole back?

Yeah i will put one up as soon as i can, the pic was taken bout an hour after it was done, so in and around the shading looked very red.

Yeah pretty much the whole backs getting done.

is that the main piece and you're just going to keep adding detail to it?

that i not make it evident that i know this? my ribs were freehanded, but they're a pretty simple japanese design with wind and flowers.

but why did you say
    there's no way a picture that detailed could be freehanded directly onto the skin
    at the beggining and now you have a freehanded tattoo,did ye not know that detailed designs can be freehanded?
    Have you pics of ye tats if you dont mind?

• Advertisement

i4.jpg

mine's obviously not as detailed as vangoz

i4.jpg

mine's obviously not as detailed as vangoz
    now that is a great tattoo lovely,as the freehand makes the the tattoo special,who did that for you.

mark in celestial, all of mine except two were done by him

is that the main piece and you're just going to keep adding detail to it?

Theres a still more detail to go into the face, and the sides. The backround need to be done. And a the rest of the guitar and more hair will be at my lower lower back.

Your side piece is really sweet, bet it hurt???, i have another generic tribal in that location and it hurt like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

but why did you say
    at the beggining and now you have a freehanded tattoo,did ye not know that detailed designs can be freehanded?
    Have you pics of ye tats if you dont mind?

Davey the point that she was making was that doing the Giger piece completely freehand would be next to impossible to so with any degree of accuracy as it's so intricate. As the outlines were stencilled on, it is not a freehanded piece.

I'm not disputing a tattoo artists ability to freehand a detailled piece, but generally it comes out best when it's a piece they have come up with themselves.

• Advertisement

Davey the point that she was making was that doing the Giger piece completely freehand would be next to impossible to so with any degree of accuracy as it's so intricate. As the outlines were stencilled on, it is not a freehanded piece.

I'm not disputing a tattoo artists ability to freehand a detailled piece, but generally it comes out best when it's a piece they have come up with themselves.
    i get you now my bad.

mark in celestial, all of mine except two were done by him
    ive heard that celestial do good tattoos id love a job done by them but imtoo far from them pity.

vangoz wrote: »
    Your side piece is really sweet, bet it hurt???, i have another generic tribal in that location and it hurt like hell.

yes, but my back piece hurt a million times more, that's way i don't envy you!
    looks incredible tho, you can't stop now!

and DamoElDiablo, thanks for clearing that up, am i really that hard to understand?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

and DamoElDiablo, thanks for clearing that up, am i really that hard to understand?!:D

when your playing samurai warriors you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

some people just don't seem to get things, thats all. Wouldn't worry

am i really that hard to understand?!
    its me actually sorry,dont worry,my bad.

Shimei wrote: »
    when your playing samurai warriors you are

:mad:

off topic.

BANNED.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

:mad:

off topic.

BANNED.

EAT ME!

Shimei wrote: »
    EAT ME!

oh dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

now that is a great tattoo lovely,as the freehand makes the the tattoo special,who did that for you.

Tread softly, that is actually one of my favourite tattoos in here , its lovely

• Advertisement

thanks very much, worth all the pain so! :p

Have you got a pic of your back peice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

I got my tattoo redone on Thursday, im absoloutly delighted with it now.

From this
    lol002.jpg

To this
    lol002-1.jpg

and this
    jimmyandfusion013.jpg

to finally this.
    jimmyandfusion014.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i like the purple, hopefully the ink will hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

purple not hold good or cuz it's been redone three times?

vangoz wrote: »
    Have you got a pic of your back peice?

l_cc17c1c66c2ed8fda531e76f20a00806.jpg

karona, love the colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

to finally this.

Looks great! The purple looks really good, really adds that deep space feel to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Le Rack wrote: »
    purple not hold good or cuz it's been redone three times?

i'd assume it's cos of the placement... ankle is like elbow and wrist... lots of movement... i know im gonna have to get mine retouched regularly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 armageddon_pony

got some stuff too..
    this one.. X and Oath because of STRAIGHT EDGE
    l_7a3c916dbaf53dbfbbe19dba8a81442b.jpg

and theres another one..
    l_387325cdcd23b63ea1a68518a1183bee.jpg

some old stuff..
    l_96ddbfb07096470833cbcb0417f45823.jpg

got osme more stuff.. wings and lettering on my neck, chestpiece not finished.. neeed new ink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Really like the red diamond. Who does your tattoos?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement