Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Looks like the same person who did your last supper piece did that, the same feel about it. Especially the style of the viking man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    Looks like the same person who did your last supper piece did that, the same feel about it. Especially the style of the viking man.
    yes and im not worried about my last supper piece as it will get corrected in due course.Im happy with everything else its just the man part.Hes good at all the stuff he did but cant seem to do figures very well.I already said to the tattooist im not really happy with the viking man itself and i cant very well argue with him! cause i have a pretty bad temper myself as ive been for help for it years ago!And dont want to go the same road again.(not here too!)What should the viking man should look like in your opinion Will?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Doesn't matter what I think. Its your art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

nikki 122 wrote: »
    hey i want to get a red rose on the side of my boob (could not think of a polite name for it) is it meant to be sorer on fat or muscle ??

Boobs aren't too bad, I found it stung a little more...try the sternum, its a fun spot to get tattooed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Umbrella Corp

Davey looks good. Post when u get it finished.

I got a tat on my boob as well and iit wasn't as sore as my arms. Go for it!

• Advertisement

DSC01681.jpg

This is my tat, it goes from near my collar bone right down into my cleavage. I love it to bits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

sub5 wrote: »
    just reading through the thread there and have to say some savage work on display, thats some nice giger work on your back there vangoz.
    this piece here still has to finished off it will be going right down til its pretty much running flush with the soul of me foot (ankle hurt like hell) and this photo doesn't do it justice couldnt get a decent angle , couldnt suss out how to make me pic's smaller so i could fit more in but the links should bring ya'll to the rest of them,

Picture014.jpg
    right leg

some Japanese koi fish
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/00000322.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/00000323.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/00000325.jpg

more of the right leg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/Picture006.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/Picture009.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/Picture018.jpg

and a Japanese slieve piece
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/1.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/looneylot/2.jpg

:cool::cool:

That is feckin brilliant

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

davey180 wrote: »
    Im happy with everything else its just the man part.Hes good at all the stuff he did but cant seem to do figures very well.I already said to the tattooist im not really happy with the viking man itself and i cant very well argue with him!

Why did you get him to do another tattoo if you weren't happy with the other one? And if you're really not happy, then yes, make sure yer tattooist knows that, and stop going to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

ah cool can't wait to get it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I remember towards the end of the last "saga" you admitted you were really unhappy with that last supper piece. Why would you go back to the guy? You say he's just not good at figures, so why go to him for a large figure based piece? The rest of it's nice enough, nothing special really. Why didn't you go back to JMD's? The pinup you got there is a million times better then this.

• Advertisement

I remember towards the end of the last "saga" you admitted you were really unhappy with that last supper piece. Why would you go back to the guy? You say he's just not good at figures, so why go to him for a large figure based piece? The rest of it's nice enough, nothing special really. Why didn't you go back to JMD's? The pinup you got there is a million times better then this.
    yes i should have gone back to jmds as you are right about my bicep tattoo is better,which is my favourite one now.I wished that i got started with jmds in the beggining as i was shocked to say how good they are.I was waiting for at least 3 months to get to jmds as their list is long.Ive emailed them yesterday to see if they can approve all me bad tattoos and waiting for reply.Im stupid to go back to the other guy as ive known him for years and good friends.Hes been tattooing for years now and his speciality is all celtic stuff.Maybe i rushed into it and im not got going back to him no more as i told him i wasnt happy.(arguement turned out pretty bad!)So for now i just go along with the subject of tattooists on this site for now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The wait for JMD's is worth it from looking at the piece you got. The waits only going to get longer with the amount of coverage he's getting in tattoo magazines and the convention scene. Loads of people coming over from England to get work from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spitzy

Still got loads to do on this, smoke, flames, shading etc. The big dragon is old but hopefully it will all come together in the end.
    It is a back piece im memory of my little sister
    tat.jpg

This is one of my other halfs tats
    marktat.jpg

tat3.jpg

tat4.jpg

tat2.jpg

Spitzy wrote: »
    tat3.jpg
    I like your tatoo,great detail and the white for the tusks certainally worked.Just asking is it a religous tattoo spitzy?

Thanks Davey.
    It's one of my boyfriends tattoos, the tattooist who did it uses white for highlighting only, there is also some white in the moody sun tattoo. It is a tat of Ganesh, he is a hindu god, symbolises the clearing of obstacles, we have done some travelling in India and love the culture.
    Spitzy

Thanks Davey.
    It's one of my boyfriends tattoos, the tattooist who did it uses white for highlighting only, there is also some white in the moody sun tattoo. It is a tat of Ganesh, he is a hindu god, symbolises the clearing of obstacles, we have done some travelling in India and love the culture.
    Spitzy
    where all those tattoos done in ireland?

• Advertisement

Nope all done in England, thats where I live now, I am from Clare but left 20 something years ago.
    Spitzy

Nope all done in England, thats where I live now, I am from Clare but left 20 something years ago.
    Spitzy
    i understand, thanks for posting all those pics here spitzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

I'm thinking of gettin a tat during the summer, I'm thinkin of a half sleeve on my left arm, going up to my shoulder and curving down across onto my chest... thats the idea anyway, I wanna get a celtic/tribal design... any recommendations on tattooists? I wanna have a sit down with one and a natter about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Half sleeve will pretty expensive.... i have from the top of my shoulder to my elbow done, outside only. 800e so far.
    The guys I go to are Art Tattoo over cafe Irie in temple bar, Michele Prezioso is the guy that does mine.

www.dublinarttattoo.com

Same kinda idea as the fella in pic 8 on that page, but celtic/tribal lol, I'll pop in there after the exams and see whats going on. Cheers.

cowan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of gettin a tat during the summer, I'm thinkin of a half sleeve on my left arm, going up to my shoulder and curving down across onto my chest... thats the idea anyway, I wanna get a celtic/tribal design... any recommendations on tattooists? I wanna have a sit down with one and a natter about it...
    hi Cowan
    How about jmds in waterford,fantastic stuff.
    http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?cmd=show_thumbs&path=Gallery_16_(NEW)&tn=1

Some nice stuff there too mate. Cheers, mind you... I'm not the biggest fan of waterford in general lol.

cowan wrote: »
    Some nice stuff there too mate. Cheers, mind you... I'm not the biggest fan of waterford in general lol.
    no worries try
    http://www.remistattoo.com/

davey thanks for the links I would love to go to waterford it's so far! I really wanna get a good tat done though. Do you think if I asked him nicely he would come up to Donegal lol!!!

• Advertisement

davey thanks for the links I would love to go to waterford it's so far! I really wanna get a good tat done though. Do you think if I asked him nicely he would come up to Donegal lol!!!
    send them a email.You never know.As tattooists do go around other parlours and use them i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement