Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ok, here's mine: the little Kanji one was done about two years ago, then I got the butterfly last september, and the cherry blossoms were added last sunday!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Toots85 wrote: »
    Ok, here's mine: the little Kanji one was done about two years ago, then I got the butterfly last september, and the cherry blossoms were added last sunday!
    :pac:

Really digging the Cherry Blossoms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Keller

Really digging the Cherry Blossoms!

Wow me too mucho pretty! :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

*blushes* thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Here are mine! I'm hoping to get a sleeve soon.

And no, the one on my leg is NOT the sun. :)

img5845gs2.th.jpg

img5846qu2.th.jpg

img5847wa6.th.jpg

img5842tw4.th.jpg

• Advertisement

kyub wrote: »
    Here are mine! I'm hoping to get a sleeve soon.

And no, the one on my leg is NOT the sun. :)

img5842tw4.th.jpg

This may sound stupid, but is the on on your leg the seal in Naruto (a Japanese anime/manga)?

It looks awesome. I' a huge fan of anime/gaming tattoos.

This may sound stupid, but is the on on your leg the seal in Naruto (a Japanese anime/manga)?

It looks awesome. I' a huge fan of anime/gaming tattoos.

LOL, yes it is the four seasons seal. :) I'm a huge fan too. My next tattoo will hopefully be Scar's tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist.

LOL, yes it is the four seasons seal. :) I'm a huge fan too. My next tattoo will hopefully be Scar's tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Oh man that's fricking awesome, I'm currently working on a Final Fantasy half sleave myself, got the meteor from FF7 done the other day.

I plan to get a few anime tattoos myself done as well, one of the being the NERV symbol from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

this tattoo?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/AoiSora/hagaren_misc/scar-array-8point.jpg

• Advertisement

Yep, that exact one in fact. ;)
    where would you put that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Got this done the other day.:D Initially I wanted to get it in color but I really love the black and shaded so I'm probably gonna keep it that way. I'm going in at the end of the week to get it finished. I love it but I'd love to hear what you think should I keep it like this or add color???
    2564707049_fd7a0b8e5d_m.jpg

Alan Ford wrote: »
    where would you put that?

on my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Got this done the other day.:D Initially I wanted to get it in color but I really love the black and shaded so I'm probably gonna keep it that way. I'm going in at the end of the week to get it finished. I love it but I'd love to hear what you think should I keep it like this or add color???

Look'n good.

Id say colour will make it stand out even more. But it is nice the way it is as well. Are they sunflowers ?

Thanks:D Yes they are sunflowers. The tattoo artist thinks it looks better black and shaded but I still haven't decided....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Now that he's done the red-ish shading, I think that the yellow for the sunflowers would probably lack the punch it would have had if it'd been done from the start in colour...

Ok cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I could be wrong, but it's just how I think it would go... I'd love to be proven wrong, as I think nice vibrant colourful sunflowers would look great

Yeah that's what I initially had in mind but I'm leaning more towards keeping it like it is but with some highlighting and finishing touches:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Kya1976 wrote: »

WOW! i'm so impressed! i was seriously contemplating getting sunflowers instead of my polar bear, but i just had no idea how i could make them work on my pale skin, but WOW! yours look so good! i think they would look absolutely gorgeous coloured yellow aswell, as that yellow colour is so essential to the identity of the sunflower, but yours look absolutely gorgeous. if you like them as they are, just leave them. if, after a few years, you think they need a little more, then do it, but as long as you're happy, then tis all good.

• Advertisement

Thank you:D Yeah I wanted to go for quite dark oranges and yellow colors but I'm gonna wait and see until they are finished and then decide what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

maybe oranges towards the outsides, getting yellower towards the middle? my big thing with the sunflowers was i just couldnt see the yellow looking all that good on my pale skin, but the way you have it all done there, just filling in the white bits with yellow instead of leaving them,a nd you should have it about perfect, imo.

I agree I didn't want the yellow to look like mis colored skin...Thanks for the advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Yep, that exact one in fact. ;)
    Maybe it differs between the anime and the manga, but in the anime that's not quite the tattoo on his arm, the matrix is wrong and there's extra bits to it.

30kj8.jpg
    Note the second band at the bottom, the image posted earlier only has one.

Yep, I've found 2 different versions online so far... one of which was posted by Alan above but neither of them are an exact match to scars. The above one is my preferred design of the 2 as it is bigger and looks slightly better imo but I am planning to have it modified to be more like the one on Scar's arm in FMA.

*EDIT*
    Here is the other design which is different to the first one posted above but actually closer to the design in FMA but still not the exact same. I still prefer the more detailed one though.

scararray.jpg

*EDIT2*

Sorry for throwing the topic way off course! Do you guys reckon the Italians would be good for this sort of work? I was thinking them or John in Ink Well...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

My next tattoo will hopefully be Scar's tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist.

doesn't he have that incorporated into nearly a full sleeve in the manga? so are you going to get the sleeve done or just that piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

just read farohar's post, that's what i'm talking about.

or refer to pgs 171/172 of vol.4 of the manga to bring into the studio :pac:

doesn't he have that incorporated into nearly a full sleeve in the manga? so are you going to get the sleeve done or just that piece?

Actually that is the full piece in the anime/manga. It's just a lot bigger so it covers his full arm. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna make it large enough to cover my full arm or not.

Yep, I've found 2 different versions online so far... one of which was posted by Alan above but neither of them are an exact match to scars. The above one is my preferred design of the 2 as it is bigger and looks slightly better imo but I am planning to have it modified to be more like the one on Scar's arm in FMA.

*EDIT*
    Here is the other design which is different to the first one posted above but actually closer to the design in FMA but still not the exact same. I still prefer the more detailed one though.

scararray.jpg

*EDIT2*

Sorry for throwing the topic way off course! Do you guys reckon the Italians would be good for this sort of work? I was thinking them or John in Ink Well...
    hi kyub,the one i posted is exactly the same as the one you posted????

• Advertisement

No it's not.

You posted:
    scar-array-8point.jpg

I posted:
    scararray.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement