Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Melion wrote: »
    394617891a8919652955l.jpg

What an amazing piece of artwork, its unreal that someone not fully trained did this (i am right in thinking that? cant be bothered to go back n check). My daughter will have a fit when she sees this shes Thundercats mad. I think you said there was more work to be done, further up your neck etc? Keep the updated pics coming, would love to see this when your done with it! :)

I've been getting my tattoo pics sorted thru photobucket and as I'm new to the forum (& a bit freaked out with all this technical stuff!! :o) I'm not sure how to post them up so they're done via a link rather than the pic itself in the post. They're pretty big n I havent got me head round re-sizing them. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

A complete eejit when it comes to pooters!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just throw up the link and i will sort them for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Good oul william.

I was in the process of sending the lovely kind Will a PM with the links for the pics mentioned above when my stupid hat suddenly fell off & I became wise for the first time in years!! :o Yes I noticed that there is a direct link feature attached to my photos. God how can someone who's my age be so damn thick?? :D Ah well I guess we all have to start somewhere.

So thank you Will for your kind offer but the eejit has finally realised that when using a computer its often quiet helpful to open ones eyes!!

So at last here is my ink:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/ladystrange_19/TattsKatts016-1-1.jpg

This was my first one done in Wigan about 15 years ago, the colour has lasted really well. I just have a thing for scorpions even tho most other creepy things, well, creep me out!! All the rest have been done by Dirt.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/ladystrange_19/TattsKatts012.jpg

I loved the artwork The Almighty used and with a bit of tweaking came up with this, the first one that Dirt did. He did most of the feather work free-hand.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/ladystrange_19/TattsKatts017.jpg

A crimbo pressie from my hubby, he's delighted he was able to get me something that I'd love but would also inflict pain on me, he loves me really!! :confused:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/ladystrange_19/TattsKatts013.jpg

Again the feather work was done free-hand. This one was done at a time when everything seemed to be going wrong. I was doing a lot of drawing at the time most of which were very dark but for some reason I kept being 'drawn' to draw dreamcatchers & feathers. Eventually they lead to this. I was at a loss as to what was going into the centre until the day I went to get it done and I woke up with the symbols yin & yang in my head, and the rest is history.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/ladystrange_19/005.jpg

This is by far my favourite, a tribute to me da. I was so unsure about how this would turn out, it was taken from a oil painting that used to hang in my dad's house and now hangs in mine. It was something completely different for Dirt but he loved doing it and was himself well happy with the outcome. Everytime I see it (which isnt often as its on my back :)) it takes my breath away.

So thats it, well I have another small one, chinese symbols that spell Andy my better half's name, but its just not perfect in my eyes and needs a bit more work done on it, maybe bigger/bolder?? Its still a work in progress.

Anyway thanks for 'listening', and again Will thanks for the offer to rescue a damsel in distress!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    S7301571-1.jpgJim16Small.jpgOmg, that's hot. Where was that done? My boyf id interested in getting a sleeve done... More like I'm interested in making him. Heh.

95% of it was done by Joe Myler in JMDs Tattoo in Waterford.
    He is frickn awesome. Got the entire sleeve finished now.
    Also done my back piece.

Jim5Medium.jpg
    This picture is being printed in a new book coming out in November called Tattoo Soup.
    Taken by www.bebo.com/charlesmonroe

PEACE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What an amazing piece of artwork, its unreal that someone not fully trained did this (i am right in thinking that? cant be bothered to go back n check). My daughter will have a fit when she sees this shes Thundercats mad. I think you said there was more work to be done, further up your neck etc? Keep the updated pics coming, would love to see this when your done with it! :)

You'd be right. He's still an apprentice but he hasnt got a bad teacher, he's being trained by Danny Bullman. It will be going further up towards my neck, not sure when though. And as i said before, i want to bring the two tribal pieces onto my arms into 2 half sleeves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Also done my back piece.

Jim5Medium.jpg
    This picture is being printed in a new book coming out in November called Tattoo Soup.

PEACE
    *gasp* what I wouldn't do... (ie it's bloody amazing)

new ink comin soon!

that train is fantastic lady strange, and the skull too, looks so old school or summit!

I like it anyway, but i have to,haha.
    Get one amazing artist from kilkenny, one awesome tattoo dude
    and there you go,haha.

Def worth traveln down to waterford to him.
    He's actually at the convention in the rds, smell you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I like it anyway, but i have to,haha.
    Get one amazing artist from kilkenny, one awesome tattoo dude
    and there you go,haha.

Def worth traveln down to waterford to him.
    He's actually at the convention in the rds, smell you there.
    For a minute i thought you meant an amazing tattooist from kilkenny...there's no such thing in KK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Also done my back piece.

Jim5Medium.jpg

PEACE

wow it looks amazing!!:D

For a minute i thought you meant an amazing tattooist from kilkenny...there's no such thing in KK

ah hahahahahahaahahahaha... No comment ;)

Good artists tho defo. Mick minog being my favourite.
    http://www.myspace.com/mickbuttonupminogue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

prepare for newb quesion numero uno; how do I post a pic so that it shows up in my post as opposed to a linky?
    cheers.

just copy and paste the link in, it will automatically become a link then

jim o doom wrote: »
    prepare for newb quesion numero uno; how do I post a pic so that it shows up in my post as opposed to a linky?
    cheers.

I just use photobucket ... google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

jim o doom wrote: »
    cheers.

See the little mountain picture above the text box where you type?
    Click that and put the pic url in there.
    Take the url from the pics properties, if ya dont know how to do that, right click the pic, and properties should be on the bottom.
    The pic has to be online.

hey guys and girls....
    Pics from last weekend, Ink is on show so im not breaking rules :P
    2892503303_7ef69481f7.jpg?v=0
    2892500183_f43f7236da.jpg?v=0
    2892495733_4e64d6db80.jpg?v=0

dunno how ya can be buddy buddy after kicking lumps out of each other :pac:

ha ha we were drinking together after ha ha

thats nuts

• Advertisement

how is it???
    We're quite sensible drinkers actually, we do the fighting then go on the beer:) not go on the beer then do the fighting

yeah but when fighting ya wanna win, hence beat the turd out of the opposition, i dunno, suppose has to be done to make sense to me

well did you not try drop people when you were playing the american football??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HOBO 83

Also done my back piece.

Jim5Medium.jpg

PEACE
    Thats top class, how long were you under the needle?

HOBO 83 wrote: »
    Thats top class, how long were you under the needle?

Just over 30 hours over 7 sessions, greta fun altogether, actually i was kinda sad when it finished,haha... So spent another 30 hours on my arm ;)

Photo%20113.jpg

5mm labret, crappy pic but oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

2896769654_6d286ae155_m.jpg

awesomeness:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Those microdermals are schweeeet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement