Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW power levelers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I think its good they are checking him, even IF he only turns out to be a powerleveler shows they are actively involved in watching for speed hacks and such

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tbh he is just probably hacking of somesort. I know some guys that work on the blizz 24hr team. They keep tabs on power levelers and obviously saw something fishy bout this guy.

And I bought my game last monday, it was shipped on wednesday and im still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kosie99

tbh he is just probably hacking of somesort. I know some guys that work on the blizz 24hr team. They keep tabs on power levelers and obviously saw something fishy bout this guy.

And I bought my game last monday, it was shipped on wednesday and im still waiting.

What? still waiting? I ordered mine from play.com on the weekend and it shipped on Sunday. And here I am expecting it to arrive any moment.... :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I got to 14 over a weekend of incidental play. Its more then possible to tag-team a character up to 44 in a week. My mate is 28 last time I checked (two day ago) and he's playing it alone with no hacks. He was on beta so he knows all the places to go and once you pull ahead of the masses in level, all the areas you go to are going to be rich in mobs. You will have your choice of pulls.

Guilds will often work together to power level up each other. The only problem/drawback is that the economy isnt active at those high levels, noone is farming Moonweave for example so high level tailors are fooked early on.

Mages and rogues are imho the best soloists, Poket, my main mage, can kill stuff 2 levels above his level without taking a hit so long as its a close combat opponent (I hate casters and ranged attackers!). Downtime is minimal since we can produce top class nosh and drink and group root and group nuke spells make collecting common drops (like linen) fairly straightforward. I reckon if we teamed up and played a mage 24/7 with prior knowledge of the best areas and the best quests, you could easily have a level 60 mage by the end of the first week. I reckon Rogues and to a lesser extent Warlocks/Hunters with their pets could do the same.
    The game would suck and you'd miss the rich tapestry of the social side of it (or not, sometimes!) but it could be done.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I logged on Saturday morning after release at 9am. There was a level 21 Shaman running around. That would have been in like 32 hours if he didn't sleep or anything and managed to create his user account when the server opened and was able to get into the server all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

it does slow down quite a lot after about lvl 45 though. Took me 13 days play time to get to lvl 60 with my Warlock in US release and that's pretty good. I dare say a Mage/Rogue or any class with a crazed powerleveler behind them could do significantly better.

I'd be surprised at anybody making it to 60 in less than 7 days play time though.

Greg

PS I only made 60 because I had multiple skull fractures from snowboarding :) I'd recommend it as a way to get more time for WoW instead of having to work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Memnoch is 35 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

you mean 37 in about 10 minutes from now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I dinged level 30 on monday.... after 4 days play, another 14 levels isnt hard, however school caught me, and now I cant play much again, but nothing fishy at all imo, even today, after just 6 days of play theres a 44 on Al'Akir atm, so if 44 after a week is cheating, what about 44 in 5 and a half days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Memnoch wrote:
    you mean 37 in about 10 minutes from now :P

the end game content must be great if you are so dedicated to capping again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Guy in my guild hit 40 tonight about 4 days 13 hours playtime. It's very possible to powerlvl that quick if you've played Beta enough. The guy had the exact same char levelled to 52 in beta so he knows every quest very well, wasn't hard for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

if he played us retail or eu beta im sure he would know what to do and it becomes a lot easier levelling, grinding is the quickest way to level and it gets you items to sell and money to accumilate, but its brain damage, however you will have to do it at some point to 'get that level'

also there are always mobs that are... better than the others at dropping and frequent in droping items, choose professions that make money, DONT choose blacksmithing, total waste of time, and only thing you get thats good is a trinket giving 30sec fear immunity - i managed to make 700 gold in 1 week along with other money i got from a friend for my epic mount, the black ram! im a miner and basic enchanter wink:wink

i play on a us server with some irish guys, 60 warrior @ warsong

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?49219

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Memn is 40 now, and I'm 37.. he had a one day headstart on me though. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm 24 atm but mates of mine are 38, have started Alts which are 8 and are holding down day jobs too!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

my main is 55 since the start of decemeber. The reason hes still not maxed is i suffer from uncontrollable alt-itis and have about 6 lvl 20 alts (plus a week in the euro beta). All that and somehow i manage to hold onto a job and a gf.

The great thing about wow is that really, you dont have to spend a massive amount of time playing it to get the levels compared to what ive heard about other mmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dustaz wrote:
    my main is 55 since the start of decemeber. The reason hes still not maxed is i suffer from uncontrollable alt-itis and have about 6 lvl 20 alts (plus a week in the euro beta). All that and somehow i manage to hold onto a job and a gf.

The great thing about wow is that really, you dont have to spend a massive amount of time playing it to get the levels compared to what ive heard about other mmos.

The resting system is good for that. In fact if it wasn't for that I probably never leave Azeroth.

I like being a rogue.

I'm level 24 now, if this was EQ I'd be about 12. EQ was a horrendous time sink which just got worse and worse the more you progressed. Eventually it was taking me the guts of a week's play to level up.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

You should have tried being level 65 with dozens of AA. I think they up'd the cap to 70 after I stopped playing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You guys talk about EQ too much. Its in the past. All is forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Well, just got WoW, and after playing for one weekend I am level 17.

I got it on friday and played all evening. Saturday I played half day (went out in the evening) and Sunday I was hungover so I only played like half day again.

Levelling isn't even hard as I have played a few MMORPG's before, and I dont mind the grind. Also, all of my friends are around 25, so I want to get there ASAP.

To be honest, if I had played the whole weekend I could easily have hit 20...

Ofcourse, equipment wasnt an issue as I was (and still am) constantly getting stuff mailed to me :)

Not using cheats or exploits, installed cosmos but that pretty much covers it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hmmm, I'm using a random compilation of addons, the main one of which is Nurfed. I had a look at Cosmos but it seems very bloaty... the one thing that I like about it is that I keep hearing people calling out map co-ordinates and I've a feeling it's some cosmos plugin that does it.

Nurfed uses a bottombar and sidebar addon but I'm having some problems with the sidebar - some of the buttons which are lower on the bar don't seem to respond half the time, anyone else had any problems with this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well I got my copy after ages of waiting there a few fridays ago. I was a player from beta, and in by the first night of playing iwas lvl8, by the end of weekend I was 12. I'm currently lvl 17, gathering a lvl a night, conisdering i have study and ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

moridin wrote:
    Hmmm, I'm using a random compilation of addons, the main one of which is Nurfed. I had a look at Cosmos but it seems very bloaty... the one thing that I like about it is that I keep hearing people calling out map co-ordinates and I've a feeling it's some cosmos plugin that does it.

Cosmos does this by default, and if you check out the web or thottbot(comments mainly) you can very often find coordinates. The command is: /tloc xx,yy

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Yea, I don't want to use Cosmos though :)

Looks like this will do the trick... http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=395

Advertisement