Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Building DVD's - getting started

• 17-02-2005 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

OK . . so I've bought my digital camcorder, a JVC GR-D23 . . not great, but it will get me started . .

. . I also have Premiere pro and Encore, but where to now ??Both Adobe products seem to be really really complex and I'm having real difficulty finding any 'basic' information resource . . .

Does anyone know of any internet resources that can help me . . eg, beginners guide to building a DVD via Premiere pro / elements . .

Thanks

. .hj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Did it not come with a manual? Also there should be tutorials in the Help menu, and if you register the product on the adobe site, it should open it up to further resources.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

yeah . . I don't have the manuals and the help menus are not so easy to use / navigate . . am really looking for a 'beginners guide'

hj

Well register on adobe's site, they have beginners guides. I'm assuming the software is legal. Tell me it is...

John

Lump wrote:
    Well register on adobe's site, they have beginners guides. I'm assuming the software is legal. Tell me it is...

John

. . . of course !

Have registered on Adobe's site and can find various tutorials etc, but nothing that ties the whole lot together !

Well I cant help you. In that case, seems odd you dont have the manual, or there's nothing online about it that you can find.

John

• Advertisement

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tut_encore.htm

result one on a google search. Look around, it's not rocket science.

John

Lump wrote:
    http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tut_encore.htm
    result one on a google search. Look around, it's not rocket science.
    John

Thanks for your help . . link above is actually really good and much as I googled I wasn't able to find anything like it !!

No thanks for the negative attitude though . . . I posted in this forum because I thought that I might find some like minded users who had addressed similar difficulties in the past and who might have knowledge to share . .

The kind of attitude demonstrated above, does nothing but discourage people from using forums like boards.ie . .

here's an idea . . if my post irritates you (as it appears to) then don't respond !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have the same JVC camera and i have Adobe premiere 6.5, but since im a begineer like yourself HALLELUJAJORDAN ive decided to try some trials of Pinninice Studio 9 and Ulead video studio 8 (which can be bought full in many computer shops for around €40-€60) Id recommend you purchace some Digital video camera magazines like "Digital Video made easy" I found it has alot of tutorials based on major video editing software inc. Adobe premere, and comes with a DVD disc with tutorials and software to try out (thats where I got my demos from).
    About the camera, i think its great for begineers but i find that the wide angle isnt the best, you have to move futher away to get a good filling of the screen, but it does the job for me. Also you can try using NeroVision express to do your dvd's I havnt much info on using it for dvd's as such because i havnt tried it out yet with the new camera but it worked fine when i was tranferring video of a VHS-C camera for DVD.
    Also i think the full versions of the software im trying out have the option to finalise to DVD.
    Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps you out.

Advertisement