Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta Kills Again!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Even if the game DID motivate this pycho to kill someone ( which im sure he would of done regardless of GTA ) they cant seriously try and blame GTA for giving him the necisary skills. There is no connection between holding a PS2 pad and using the analoug stick to clumpily aim at computer vilans to disarming a police officer while in custody, taking the safety off the gun, shooting two police officers dead and escaping in a car.

Surely this is a product of American society rather than ANYTHING to do with GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Tusky wrote:
    Even if the game DID motivate this pycho to kill someone ( which im sure he would of done regardless of GTA ) they cant seriously try and blame GTA for giving him the necisary skills. There is no connection between holding a PS2 pad and using the analoug stick to clumpily aim at computer vilans to disarming a police officer while in custody, taking the safety off the gun, shooting two police officers dead and escaping in a car.

Surely this is a product of American society rather than ANYTHING to do with GTA.

Also people seem to forget that a gun is designed to be easy to use ... you point and you shoot. They are hard to be come skillful at, but like you say being a skillfull shot at GTA is nothing at all like being a skillful shot in real life.

Again it is people who have no clue about what they are talking about drumming up a law suit because it sounds plausable (he played a cop-killer in the video game, how could that not have turned him into a cop-killer in real life) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

God! Why can't those developers take up some frickin' corporate responsibility?! Making games with mad ass violence and stuff is like handing kids a gun and saying, "Shoot everyone!" I hate it when these liberal judges don't stick it to the corporations who deserve what they get. More kids should kill because of video games so we can bring them all down.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

God! Why can't those developers take up some frickin' corporate responsibility?! Making games with mad ass violence and stuff is like handing kids a gun and saying, "Shoot everyone!" I hate it when these liberal judges don't stick it to the corporations who deserve what they get. More kids should kill because of video games so we can bring them all down.

:rolleyes:
    please tell me that was one scarcastic rant, its hard to tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Everyone knows that Osama Bin Ladin was playing Pòkemon Gold while planning the 9/11 attacks
    CO-INCIDENCE I THINK NOT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Asok wrote:
    Everyone knows that Osama Bin Ladin was playing Pòkemon Gold while planning the 9/11 attacks
    CO-INCIDENCE I THINK NOT!
    lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

PA has a good take on it.

linky Part1

Advertisement