Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably the best font in the world

Options
  • 17-02-2005 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Looking for suggestions here.

My work-mates and I in the Dundalk branch of our store are taking on the Swords branch in a table quiz next Monday night and we want to print up team t-shirts for the event. The only half-decent suggestion so far was something in the style of the Carlsberg ad with a similar font to their logo, saying "Dundalk... probably the best team in the world", but I'm having difficulty (read as "finding it impossible") finding a Carlsberg logo style font.

Can anyone suggest a font or, better still, knock together a quick design of the word "Dundalk" in the style of the Carlsberg logo? I'm not being lazy, - honest! - I'm just not as good at this as I used to be.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*hup*...

anyone?

Time is short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

scan a beermat or something with the font on it, and upload it to whatthefont.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It may be surprisingly easier to just link to any of the online carlsberg images

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Did you try emailing Carlsberg? They might know, though they probably own it/created it themselves.

• Advertisement

No, and out of time now so won't get it done.

To be honest I'm not that bothered by it as it's an event that I don't really want to attend anyway although my curiosity does remain as to the identity of the font.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Heh, I spent many years looking for this exact font.

Net result: it's not a font, it's a logo.

Never did find a font that resembled it in any way closely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Heh, I spent many years looking for this exact font.

Net result: it's not a font, it's a logo.

Never did find a font that resembled it in any way closely.

ditto - easy way to remove hair though

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mmm, I had a look around but to no avail.

Advertisement