Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Retriever with a rash

• 17-02-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice before I make an appointment with the vets. I have an 8 month old Golden Retriever. Last week my fiance noticed a rash on here belly where there is no hair. It starts just between here back legs and goes about half way up the bald area. Its right in the centre of the bald patch so just were there would be a slight crease in her belly when she is lying on her side. Now I have being keeping an eye on it and it seems to be clearing up. It doesnt seem to be itchy as I havent noticed her trying to get at it and she seems fine with letting me touch it. At first the rash looked quite moist as if she had been freshly scratching it but it seems to have dried out now and not quite as big but still very noticeable. I also noticed over the last couple of nights she hasnt been finishing all her meals.

She isnt around any other dogs but our neighbour does have a cat that wanders around. We havent changed her food exactly except for maybe a flavour of food that she has had before and dry food that she has had before. Her mood has not changed at all still loves being in the house and being near us and playing with her toys and all that. The only differences are the rash (clearing up very slowly) and non eating of food (although she did do this before and was fine after a couple of days).

Sorry for the long post was trying to give as much info as possible. Anyone have any ideas how to clear up the rash or do the symptoms sound familiar and should I get her to the vets.

Cheers,
    Ciaran

Comments

Advertisement