Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Byrne

Options
  • 24-05-2001 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Jason who?? never heard of him, i did how ever see Des Bishop (that annoying american twit on DFTG), he came to our college last year, 12 ppl turned up LOL, he wasn't too bad, n he didn't mind that he was told he was performing for 200 while there was only 12! biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

lol mills.
    I've seen him a couple of times in college.
    You quickly learn not to sit in the first 3 rows of any of his shows. biggrin.gif
    He passed round a bottle of Vodka the first time i saw him.

Anyone remember "the hands" incident on the Late,Late a few years back? biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've seen him twice and the guy rules! Daft bastid and very funny!

In Vickar Street, he made some guy carry a tray of drinks in front of the stage and yer man ended up spilling the whole lot on top of some dolly birds - I thought Jason himself was going to choke he was laughing so hard.

He does a mean Ronan Keating impression too...

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    Jason who?? never heard of him, i did how ever see Des Bishop (that annoying american twit on DFTG), he came to our college last year, 12 ppl turned up LOL, he wasn't too bad, n he didn't mind that he was told he was performing for 200 while there was only 12! biggrin.gif

</font>

judging by this years second year, there were only like 12 in the whole place anyway!! biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    judging by this years second year, there were only like 12 in the whole place anyway!! biggrin.gif

</font>

LOL no most of us were still around at that time, but there's only 5 in second yr now (thurles campus) out of a class of 42! biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I seen him in Vicar St a few months back. I thought he was sh!te. A lot of his jokes weren't particularly funny and the second half of the show were these terrible sketches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

that american poo head from DFTG is not funny.

'o im a mad rapper'

go home. we dont want you.

and take roffle harris with you :P

to austrialia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i dont like that guy on DFTG
    the american prat
    i hope he burns in hell and i eat his children
    lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">He does a mean Ronan Keating impression too...</font>

LOL yes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by K!LL!@N:
    Anyone remember "the hands" incident on the Late,Late a few years back? biggrin.gif</font>

Yes yes the hands.. who could forget it.. that was a classic.. hands on sticks, fondling the audience.. that was a side-splitter alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rymus:
    Yes yes the hands.. who could forget it.. that was a classic.. hands on sticks, fondling the audience.. that was a side-splitter alright</font>

The funniest bit was when one of the guys he was fondling in the front stood up and looked like he was gonna punch him. biggrin.gif

Huzzar!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    that american poo head from DFTG is not funny.

'o im a mad rapper'

go home. we dont want you.

and take roffle harris with you :P

to austrialia.
    </font>

lol smile.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Des Bishop i seen about 3 years ago, he was doing his rapper from cork bit then and he's still doing it now, you don't change your act in that length of time your seriously ****e, which he is.

as for Jason, I've lost count of how many times I've seen him at this stage, 7 or 8 times id say smile.gif

Always bloody hilarious, one of the most naturally funny people you will ever see and is brilliant both with college crowds (where your guaranteed to get stick and drunk *******s) absolutely rippin the **** into them and the usual crowds at bigger gigs (Vicar St.).

He uses the same gags now and again (giveus a go of your bike, tuesday, the blinds, the box) but they're just so good it doesnt matter and such a very little part of his act anyway, mostly fillers between on the spot stuff with the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Went to a gig of his last night in Monaghan (!) and laughed my hole off for a full hour and a half biggrin.gif There were only about 30 people there in total and myself and a few friends went along, we got landed in the front row, LOL, we got our fair share of abuse over the course of the night, as did everyone else in the place smile.gif I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes at one stage smile.gif

Anyways, what does everyone else think of him?

Advertisement