Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner required?

Options
  • 17-02-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Ok folks, I am gonna sound a bit desperate (well I hope that it does not sound like that!) but here goes. I have done the research necessary for the area that this bike shop will be in and it has gone great :confused The business plan is almost ready. The problem is that I simply don't have enough mechanical skills to go any further. If I don't know more then how to fix a puncture on a bike then there ain't any point going on and I might as well forget. I have rung a few bike shops around and due to we are too busy, lack of space or no insurance there is no go. Anyways to cut a long story short would anybody be interested in having a word regarding it or know a mechanic who is free and would like a challenge. Anyone out there? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Forget it! I am sorry but starting up a new buisness is a pain in the ****. I have seeked a alternative way of getting help.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Don't give up my friend. Being an enterpreneur is hard for sure but can be very rewarding both financially and personally.

You need a mechanic. So go and find one. I know of one bike shop in Dublin that employs several non-nationals as mechanics, all of whom are highly competent and speak good english.

You concentrate on the business, sales and operations and let someone else do the mechanics. I'm guessing you won't have a lot of cash for upfront wages ? - put together a package that might include profit share, part ownership, temporary accomodation on your couch etc etc and go and look hard for a mechanic that has'nt an arse in his trousers but does have fire in his belly.

To (roughly) quote the great Geldof on this - "Its better to have tried and failed than sit around the pub every night talking about it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Thanks for those very kind words. Yep it is sure hard and discouraging but I am soldiering on. I'm trying to working in a shop for a month. It will give be a good idea of what to expect before I throw myself in fully. So far there are no takers but I will keep on trying. If anyone knows who needs a helping out free of charge for a month send us a reply back! Cheers.

Advertisement