Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(WoW)Irish Guild or No?

Options
  • 17-02-2005 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey...ok I admit I'm new to the board (found out from a post on the Blizzard site : http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-guild-en&t=649&p=1&tmp=1#post649 )

But from reading the posts on this board seems that no one really wants to start a Board Guild (or an Irish Guild)...you all talk about starting one but are more interested in comparing what would start out as a small guild to the bigger ones in that states! These became big from starting out small! And anyway who the hell want to hang out with 100+ americans (in smaller doses I can handle)!!!!

Sure we all want to do big raids...but with the level of Irish players that aint really gonna happen...so the choice is join one of the big guilds and be a no body where you are just another number or start a small band of dedicated Irish players...Where (to quote Cheers) everyone knows you name?

The other problem is when people are asked to select the "best" server they will pick the one they are on (for obvious reasons)....why not pick a neutral server where everyone (or most people will be starting from level 1) but determine what classes you need.....I mean I would love to start a priest but to be honest you really need help if you wanna start one! Also to hell with weather it is a low or high pop server...they will all fill over time.....

Ok let the flamming begin...these are just some of my thoughts...at the end of the day I would prefer to play with an Irish Guild..I'm not worried about size, where, what side, what class........... just as long as we play.....I mean I could join half a dozen UK guilds which are starting out(and funnily enough I do live in the UK)...but would much rather join a few players from the homeland than the old enemy!!

Once again let the flaming begin!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Most people are on different servers. I'm sure the people on Bladefist will end up doing something, but I'm on Deathwing and I don't think I'll roll another toon on another server for a while, having too much fun with this one for now.

I was going to join Bladefist initially, but by the time the account pages came back up Bladefist was over-populated and people had to queue.

If everyone wants to restart with a new toon fair enough, it's do-able, but a lot of people aren't yet, we've only just started and are happy we're getting close to lvl20 :)

I dunno why you keep talking about flaming, why would this be a flame-y topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you could keep your current toons as your fun characters and start lvl 1 lads for the guild :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree with Koneko, I'm having a lot of fun with my mates and my mage. Theres about 8 of us and enough for a fun small guild/perma-group. I'm sure that at some stage we'll all either pick a neutral low-pop server and create alts or one server will have a critical mass of Irish and the rest of us will create lvl 1 alts there (and expect monster powerleveling help from those who didnt have to be put out... *cough*)

For the moment I've enough mates on this server (even if they ARE powergrinding fook-munchers) that I'm happy to team up with Amp occasionally and otherwise nuke dem Troggs GOOD.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

What I see happening on bladefist is not an Irish guild, but hopefully most of the irish players ending up in the same guild.

We don't have enough people to have a good guild with just us, plus you need some insanely dedicated people to run it. I don't have the time, and finding a good guild and joining it seems the more sensible route to me than trying to create one.

It'll probably take a few weeks for all that to pan out, as I don't know the guilds at all and have no idea which one to join. I'm in plague at the moment, and they seem sound enough but I'll probably end up wherever Memnoch and Teethy end up if that guild will have me ;)

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm not in an Irish Guild but I am horde on Bladefist which is where I believe quite a few irish folks are, so if there's ever a little raid being organised feel free to shout!

• Advertisement
Advertisement