Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok I know I said...

• 17-02-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

...that I'd never be posting any "insider info" on here anymore...and I meant that, I really did. However, ahemm...one more for the road eh. Today's racing look's like a typical puzzle...I mean little ridge should win the 4.30...and Mark Equal should win the 4.10....but I'm not going to go into there chances now.
    I got an email from a trusted friend of mine from England. He says, and I allow you all to roll your eyes at this one, that he spoke with Roger Ingram (The trainer of this horse that I know he knows) and he said that his horse BOULE D'OR should walk the 5.05 contest in NAD AL SHEBA today. Now God himself in the clear blue sky only knows why I keep setting myself up for these falls but when I told my mate of my shame of passing on that Down Royal one yesterday he told me that I must make ammends to everyone with this one.
    He is currently 4-1 joint favourite to win this race and to be honest I think he has a super chance myself seeing as though he's already won one race over there. After this I'm gonna go back too writing mini essys about why I think certain horses should win, that way you can all make up your minds for yourselves...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

It certainly is the stand out horse in the race. A lot of english All Weather Types in this, the only really decent horse in the race is Privy Seal and he hasn't run since September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

looks very good to be fair, twould be a nice pressie from you if he wins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Just withdrew a grand of my savings.
    500 ew...

HERES hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I only put on a hundred each way, think i should go for more?

Only bet what you can afford to lose, your call mate

• Advertisement

I'll throw on another hundred each way and see what happens..
    thanks for the tip fade2black ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

crazy crazy crazy!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

well done lads!!

i had 20 on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

:D Brilliant!!! Cheers for that, He won very well!! :D
    Got me out for the day

• Advertisement

hehe good call mate owe ye...

winner all right winner all right!!!!!!!!!!

cool i have 40 on her cheers man! sorted my day out too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Sweet - thanks I had 50 notes on it at 4-1 :)

could somebody please explain how an "each way" bet pays out when your horse comes in 1st? (example.. 100each way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:) Im happy now. Well done all.

100 each way means laying 200

you get 100 as a win at the full odds and 100 as a place at 1/4 odds

if its finishes second or third u lose the first 100 and get the second at 100 at 1/4 odds

Cyrus wrote:
    100 each way means laying 200

you get 100 as a win at the full odds and 100 as a place at 1/4 odds

if its finishes second or third u lose the first 100 and get the second at 100 at 1/4 odds

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

[nicK] wrote:
    could somebody please explain how an "each way" bet pays out when your horse comes in 1st? (example.. 100each way)

Ok as you probably know, 100 each way is 100 win and 100 place.
    ok - lets say the horse is 4/1... you get 500 for the win part (400+your stake back) and 200 for the place part (1/4 the odds which is 100 +your stake back). Which gives you a total of 700..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

fair play fade2black - had €30 win on her!
    makes up for the shiiiiiiiiiite day I had at work :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Did you notice that there was a horse called Bailador in the race along with Boule D'Or?

After the race, as I'm trying to work out how much I win from €2,500 each-way, I realise that I've backed the wrong horse!! Gah!! :eek: Damn dslxseyai!!

Not really, of course. I'm quids in. Thanks fade! It took some balls to post that after yesterday's bumper at Down Royal.

And speaking of balls, Boule D'Or has two of them - it's a he people, not a she. Sorry, I'm just pedantic when it comes to the sex of horses. Annoys me for some reason. (*Represses even more memories of being called a girl at school*)

• Advertisement

So in future I'll just try and filter through the bull**** from the good "info".

You're right though about that horse Bailador, I kept on thinking it was our one which was fine because he seemed to be in a better position all the way around. If you'll notice at the start of the race Boule D'or was shuffled back a load of places so did well to win in the end.

It came through very well though... excellent tip, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

chump wrote:
    Just withdrew a grand of my savings.
    500 ew...

HERES hoping

spoof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Good call there fade, I wonder if we'll see it run again before the carnival ends. It won very easilly and was by no means flat out so it would still have a great chance turned out again even with a 6lb penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

any more tips there fadetoblack??

masterK wrote:
    Good call there fade, I wonder if we'll see it run again before the carnival ends. It won very easilly and was by no means flat out so it would still have a great chance turned out again even with a 6lb penalty.

I think he's out again on the 25th, only word from them is that they're expecting a big run. We'll have to wait until closer to the day lads

He's pricewise's selection in the big race at Lingfield today. Rang my mate and he said that the horse has changed stables since Dubai and he thinks that horse's best days are behind him, back at Nad Al Sheba.#

*Ran a great race in fairness...just touched off into second.

Advertisement