Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions Leagues Groups

• 25-08-2000 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Group A
    Real Madrid
    Spartak Moscow
    B. Leverkusen
    Sporting Club

Group B
    Lazio
    Sparta Praha
    Arsenal
    Shakhtar Donetsk

Group C
    Heerenveen
    Valencia
    Olympiakos
    Ol. Lyonnais

Group D
    Sturm Graz
    Galatasaray
    Monaco
    Rangers

Group E
    Deportivo
    Hamburger
    Juventus
    Panathinaikos

Group F
    Bayern München
    Rosenborg BK
    PSG
    Helsingborgs

Group G
    Anderlecht
    PSV Eindhoven
    Dynamo Kyiv
    Manchester United

Group H
    Besiktas
    Barcelona
    Leeds United
    AC Milan

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 25-08-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I reakon Leeds are a dead cert not to make it past the 1st League stage. So come on what do you guys think of the draw. I'm fairly happy with Arsenals group and Utd should walk out of theirs (unfortunately :P).

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Now I'm faced with my annual decision of whether or not to put a tenner on Dynamo Kiev. United have a simple group, I don't see Leeds getting out of theirs, could be some good games there though. Mind you they'll have to go visit there old mates in Turkey for the Besiktas games, so there could be a bit of violence thrown in there as a side-show.

However I have to agree with that Neanderthal bogger Roy Keane when he says that the initial stages of the Champion's League are boring, it was $hite last year until the knockout stage started.

This business of having two group stages makes it drag on too long.

As for Bohemians vs. Kaiserslautern in the UEFA Cup, I reckon Bohemians European adventure will be coming to an end pretty soon smile.gif fair play to them for getting a bit further than usual though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Shoulda been Liverpool instead of Leeds frown.gif
    Altho Liverpool would b knocked out too, but its the principle of the matter.

And Id love to see Dynamo put manners on those ****y scum utd. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Come on the Milan

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, its just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Neanderthal bogger Roy Keane
    oi! careful... cork city was built on a marsh but Mayfield is in a more elevated position on dry ground. anyway - Dynamo Kiev were very good last year, but i they're not this year right?

waaaaaaaaaan Leeds, but whats this about Besiktas? surely its totally insane to allow leeds supporters back into turkey with the Galatasaray trouble so fresh. whats going to happen there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Wasn't it built on a series of canals??? confused.gif

Utd prolly would walk the group if they played well - but based on last year's performances in the group stages who knows what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I can see utd losing in kiev due to the weather. Cork's a hole and we all know it

F00K THOSE SNIPERS WHO STEAL OUR GRENADES AND HAVE SNIPER WARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

no, Carrigaline is a hole. we all know that. you're g1mp, right?

Advertisement