Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap international calls from mobile

Options
  • 17-02-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I make alot of calls to Europe, primarily Germany and it has been costing me a fortune. There is no landline in the house so I can only use a mobile.

I've recently changed over to Meteor and I'm on their 200 mins package which gives me 200 mins a month for €40 to any landline or mobile in Ireland & England. I have done some searching around and so far Swiftcall is the best option I've come across.

I can call an 01 number using my 200 inclusive mins and just pay the extra international rate on top of this which isn't too bad. However they have 3 types of international call options (epin, swifty and solo) but don't give a comparison or a full table of rates. Anyone where I can find such a table? (Shops, 3rdparty site, etc)
    Or does anyone know of a better option than Swiftcall??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

jester77 wrote:
    I make alot of calls to Europe, primarily Germany and it has been costing me a fortune. There is no landline in the house so I can only use a mobile.

I've recently changed over to Meteor and I'm on their 200 mins package which gives me 200 mins a month for €40 to any landline or mobile in Ireland & England. I have done some searching around and so far Swiftcall is the best option I've come across.

I can call an 01 number using my 200 inclusive mins and just pay the extra international rate on top of this which isn't too bad. However they have 3 types of international call options (epin, swifty and solo) but don't give a comparison or a full table of rates. Anyone where I can find such a table? (Shops, 3rdparty site, etc)
    Or does anyone know of a better option than Swiftcall??

Thanks
    Excuse the pimp but since it may be in your interest I thought I'd mention that we can provide this service for you. Our rates are at www.blueface.ie/rates/rates.aspx. We give you an 01 number and a PIN.

Aaron Clauson
    www.blueface.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

sorry jester not trying to hijack your thread... but aaron, i thought blueface requires a broadband connection... jester was looking for mobile solution... how is it possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

mart_max wrote:
    sorry jester not trying to hijack your thread... but aaron, i thought blueface requires a broadband connection... jester was looking for mobile solution... how is it possible?
    We provide a gateway service between the PSTN World and the IP World and to do this we need connections to both. Therefore we can provide services, such as the mobile to "calling card" gateway that jester was looking for, by having customers dial in from the PSTN. In contrast our Broadband Phone customers connect to the IP side of our gateway.

Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭halkar

If you are calling landline in Germany you can use Telestunt . You dial 1890 943 123 and you dial your destination number after that. Meteor charges 15c\min for the calls to 1890 numbers and it is cheaper than 20c\min local calls. I am not sure if your 200 free minutes can be used for 1890 numbers though. Bottomline if you are calling a landline in Germany you only pay 15c, cheaper than your local calls here :D

If you are using swift call buy online and their Solo packages are better value. I used to save few euros buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

finally i signed up for blue face pay as you go... grabbed the 5 euro credit... paypal is the only payment method as i saw... i use the X-Lite software with my NTL broadband...

to be honest.. i'm not really impressed with call quality... i made few calls to south east asia... not as superior as calling cards i've been using with normal landline... hope this is only one time thing and they improve the service... i'd love to stay wt blue face thou...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

how is that working out for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jjoneill

if you have a broadband connection, use Skype(out), www.skype.com
    from computer to computer is free, and from computer to any landline is 1.7 cent a minute

Advertisement