Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BACKLASH present BLACK STROBE Dex'n'fx

• 17-02-2005 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Header.gif

Wednesday 16 March // Black Strobe Dex'n'FX // Black in Back

POD // BACKLASH present
    Black Strobe Dex'n'fx
    + Jon Averill
    Steve Reynolds

Backlash is night based on supporting local talent and as with our previous guests,
    Jacques Lu Cont and Chicken Lips we only bring over an international guest when
    we feel its going to be a special night, and we think this could be our best so far.

We're proud to announce that we've managed to coax Frenchmen Arnaud Rebotini & Ivan
    Smagghe, more commonly known as Blackstrobe over for our St. Paddies Eve party.
    Being firm favourites at Backlash since day one so we're really looking forward to this one.

Black Strobe first came to attention with their single Innerstrings, released on Trevor Jackson's
    Output label in 2000. Championed by DJs including Andrew Weatherall, Laurent Garnier and
    DJ Hell and was a good indicator of what was to come with singles such as Paris, Acid City
    and their remix of Tiefschwarz 'Ghost Track' among our favourites

This is going to be a dex'n'fx set and anyone who heard there recent Essential Mix will know that
    this is something special, blurring the boundries between a live and a DJ set it allows to make
    their own re-edits on the fly. Taking in tracks as diverse as Sisters of Mercy and Metro Area,
    along with Killing Joke and Miss Kittin.

As demand for this show will be high we have moved from our regular venue of Wax to the
    newly refurbished POD to take advantage of its extra space and VERY LOUD sound system..

Support on the night comes from Backlash DJ's Jon Averill & Steve Reynolds.

POD, Old Harcourt Station, Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
    More info: www.backlash.ie and www.pod.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Wow, Black Strobe, The Glimmers and Chemical Brothers all playing in Dublin on the same night (if I'm not mistaken). And 110th Street coming back to Cork too on the 16th.

Can't wait to hear Black Strobe's new remix of Rammstein. Industrial Techno remixes Techno-Industrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

plazzTT wrote:
    Wow, Black Strobe, The Glimmers and Chemical Brothers all playing in Dublin on the same night (if I'm not mistaken). And 110th Street coming back to Cork too on the 16th.

Can't wait to hear Black Strobe's new remix of Rammstein. Industrial Techno remixes Techno-Industrial.

yea looks like it going to be a belter of a night all round...

and dont forget the hacker and damien lazarus on the sat before paddys...should be quality....

remedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

:D Loads of deadly gigs on in the next month what with the like of the Chems, Groove Armada, Vitalic and now Blackstrobe all playing!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sh1te, I've only gone and sorted a Chems ticket and I see this.
    /me shakes fist at cruel fate...
    /me then bops to Black Strobe - Chemical Sweet Girl (Dub)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

not to worry, you'll still be able to catch d'strobe. Chems shold finish about midnight, no? Then on the wagon up to POD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

yea, the chemical brothers gig is finished at 10.30/11....so gives everyone plenty of time to head up to all the gigs on in town that night...

thanks remedy
    _____

upcoming remedies
    scratch perverts + mc dynamite - feb 26th (tbmc)
    the hacker vs damian lazarus - march 12th (tbmc)
    the glimmers - march 16th (tbmc)
    grooverider - march 16th (the hub)
    soul jazz sound system - march 16th (sugar club)
    jamie lidell + matthew hebert - april 9th (tbmc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Good thinking, Batman. Now I just have to hope the wallet holds out...

Advertisement