Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Coupons

• 17-02-2005 5:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Im just after noticing that the dell.ie website offers buyers to enter coupons to get money off there laptops.

But i cant seem to find any available on the net that might that an extra few yo yo's of the price.

Notebook forums regularly share this info but i wonder is there any place out there that does the same for the irish website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

You read my mind - I was just about to ask this very question!

I'm in the market for a laptop, too. I'm looking at some of the high-end Dell machines (M60, M70), and the fact that not only do the US crowd get things much, much cheaper than us, but they also get these crazy coupon deals drives me utterly insane! Can you tell I've been lurking over at notebookforums.com?

I don't think we really have a proper equivalent to the coupon deals - we have 'e-value' codes, which can generally be found in mags/newspapers/on tv ads, etc. I still haven't found anywhere that gives details on where to find the best deals, but I'll let you know if I find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

look for reviews of dell machines in pc magazines. They are generally done at a much better deal than anything offered on the website and are given a unique e-value code.

Not only dell do this by the way, the savings really works if your willing to go high end.

If you find a uk magazine review bundle you like, Pay for it by sterling bank draft, that way you can have it delivered to an irish address with zero hassle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

yeah always a lot cheaper elsewhere , even the german dell site is cheaper and we make the bloody things here and thats even taking the vat reduction in.

whats the opinion on the XPS Laptop on the US Site ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Have a look at the Dell Us Site : 1/3 off for Presidents Day . George Bush Propaganda Strikes Again from within the corporate world

Offer Details:
    This Presidents' Day get huge savings on a new Dell PC. Take up to 1/3 off your purchase of ANY DimensionTM desktop or select InspironTM notebooks instantly! Simply "customize & price" and purchase any new DimensionTM desktop or select InspironTM notebooks to receive INSTANT savings.

Valid for new U.S. purchases through Dell Home Systems. Electronics & Accessories purchased with systems will not receive the discount. Discount is only on the desktop or notebook.

Discount Details:

Purchase: Get:

Dimension XPS 34% Off Instantly
    Dimension 8400 desktops 30% Off Instantly
    Dimension 4700C or 4700 desktops 25% Off Instantly
    Dimension 3000 or 2400 desktops 20% Off Instantly
    Inspiron 6000 notebooks 34% Off Instantly
    Inspiron 9200, 700m or 600m notebooks 25% Off Instantly
    Inspiron XPS, 8600 or 1150 notebooks 20% Off Instantly
    Inspiron 1000 notebooks 15% Off Instantly

Inspiron Deals of the Week and Outrageous Deals are excluded from this offer.

Specifications, availability and terms of offer may change without notice. Taxes, fees and shipping charges are extra, vary, and are not subject to discount. Offer for U.S. Dell Home Systems Co. new system purchases only. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The inspiron XPS looks impresive but man is it big and heavy like 4.11 kg and with a bigger battery and the cables you could be talking 5+ kg. Not good for the old back but for a desktop replacement its looks like the way to go.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_xps?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&~tab=specstab#tabtop

I never knew the dell.co.uk will deliver to ireland.
    Is there actually much savings to be done buying from the co.uk website instead of the .ie

Ill have to have a look out for the e-value codes then but i thought the coupons and the e-value codes were different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sadhbhnihogain

Hey
    Does anyone have a recent coupon for DELL? I am buying a projector and waswondering if anyone would have a discount coupon or know where i might find one...
    thank you.

Advertisement