Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyosung comet 250

Options
  • 17-02-2005 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

looking to upgrade my bike and i saw a 'hyosung comet 250' retailing at 5000 new. Just wondering does any know anything about it? Have heard nothing myself. The salesrep said it good enough. But they always gonna say that.
    Thanks
    SM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

5 Grand new seems like a horrendous price to be paying for a bike that was manufactured in Korea. Replacement parts, servicing and reliability would be your major concers..

If you've got 5k to play with, you could go for:
    Honda Varadero 125 (5.6k)
    Honda NSR125 (5.6k)
    Suzuki GZ250K2 (4.9k)
    Suzuki DR125SEK1 (4.2k)
    Suzuki GN125 (3.1K)
    Suzuki GZ125X (3.7K)
    Suzuki TU125XTX (2.9k)
    Yamaha DT125R....

Oh just have a look at the list here: New Gem - New bikes

All of these would be more affordable and reliable than the Korean bike..

If you're still stuck on the idea, here's some reviews:
    Owner review: Good but poor paint job, wobbles at speed
    BikeMag review: Good bike, neutral steering, warped brakes?!
    Owner review: Ducati looks, lack of quality service and spairs (in India)
    More reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

looking to upgrade my bike and i saw a 'hyosung comet 250' retailing at 5000 new. Just wondering does any know anything about it? Have heard nothing myself. The salesrep said it good enough. But they always gonna say that.
    Thanks
    SM

Bike Buyers Guide Issue 05 July 04 did a review on the Hoysung Comet 650 restricted model, and gave it a glowing report. The 650 restricted model falls into group 5 in the inurance bracket and is priced at €6950. If your buying new parts shouldnt be a problem, they should be readily available from the dealer your buying from.

I'm after the 125 model where did you get the price for the 250 at?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dceire wrote:
    If your buying new parts shouldnt be a problem, they should be readily available from the dealer your buying from.

There's your problem right there. How many dealers are there for Hyosung bikes? Let's say for example, you bought the bike in Dublin, and you break down in Galway. Fun.

Maybe I'm being over negative, but would you buy a Betamax video player nowadays, just because the quality is better than VHS?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

dceire wrote:
    Bike Buyers Guide Issue 05 July 04 did a review on the Hoysung Comet 650 restricted model, and gave it a glowing report. The 650 restricted model falls into group 5 in the inurance bracket and is priced at €6950. If your buying new parts shouldnt be a problem, they should be readily available from the dealer your buying from.

I'm after the 125 model where did you get the price for the 250 at?

Bikeworld long mile road. good selection there. Id say there fair handy for the parts aswell

"
    If you've got 5k to play with, you could go for:
    Honda Varadero 125 (5.6k)
    Honda NSR125 (5.6k)
    Suzuki GZ250K2 (4.9k)
    Suzuki DR125SEK1 (4.2k)
    Suzuki GN125 (3.1K)
    Suzuki GZ125X (3.7K)
    Suzuki TU125XTX (2.9k)
    Yamaha DT125R...."

TBH im looking at bigger bikes, have a 125 and ive had my fun, now i want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

i wouldn't buy korean bike. there is many other bikes that you can buy and parts supply will not be a problem.

if this bike is still as clean as I seen it last time, then is much better choice at 1100yoyo's
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=220545

• Advertisement

Ratchet wrote:
    i wouldn't buy korean bike. there is many other bikes that you can buy and parts supply will not be a problem.

if this bike is still as clean as I seen it last time, then is much better choice at 1100yoyo's
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=220545

Well at the moment i have a 02 virago 125 so i think id give the marauder a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Well at the moment i have a 02 virago 125 so i think id give the marauder a miss

Yea the Marauder looks tiny compaired to the v-twins, the dragstar looks incredable.

dceire wrote:
    Yea the Marauder looks tiny compaired to the v-twins, the dragstar looks incredable.

Yah its a savage mike. But like the Virago its form over function. There to heavy for the engine. At least you can look good while being ovettaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

Well I can get up to about 70 on my dragstar, I'd like more power but I wouldn't complain, as far as 125's go it's great, especially when I move off at a set of lights beside a gn125 or a marauder

Mine bike gets about 60ish. But a hill and wind can really cut that. Is that a problem with the dragstar?

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, It's really irritating sometimes, I'd be in 5th at around 65mph and then I'd hit a hill and feel myself losing power but it'd go down slowly and I can't pop down a gear until I hit 60mph, Hopefully the 650 Dragstar won't have that problem.

Phryxus wrote:
    Ah yeah, It's really irritating sometimes, I'd be in 5th at around 65mph and then I'd hit a hill and feel myself losing power but it'd go down slowly and I can't pop down a gear until I hit 60mph, Hopefully the 650 Dragstar won't have that problem.

650 dragstar? I dont think that will be a problem, unless your at about a 100 mph. Lots of power in that bike. Much better power to weight ratio

It's more of a long term thing and i won't be going for the classic, it costs more, it's a little heavier (around 14kg) and the seat height is higher. Some people say if you're going to get a dragstar get the classic but I think the regular 650 looks just as good.

Advertisement