Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzfest 2005

Options
  • 17-02-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard about ozzfest coming to Ireland this year. They are doing a world tour this year and there is talk of them coming here. IT was on metal underground...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

What, so Ozzy can confirm dates then not bother to show up just like last time? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

and the time before :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Does it matter if Ozzy actually plays or not, so long as there's a good selection of bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

ditto.
    if he ozzfest did come here with great bands, ozzy would hold no interest for me whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a rumour.

When Ozzfest came in 2002, they had dates planned for all of Europe...half of which had to be cancelled for 'some reason or another.' They made a huge gamble, and it didn't seem to pay off.
    Heck, half of the bands on the original line up never even made it to the European dates and their slots had to be filled with bands from the second stage and local bands.

What ever happened to that 'Reading Ireland' festival that was supposed to be in Laois?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What ever happened to that 'Reading Ireland' festival that was supposed to be in Laois?

I think that may have something to do with MCD buying shares in Mean Fiddler, who was orginally organising the festival with Aiken/POD. I suppose MCD don't want the festival to go ahead as it will compete against Slane (which is held at or near the same weekend as the Reading/Leeds Festivals in the past), which is sad really.

There is a possibility that Aiken/POD scrapped the idea of Reading Ireland and moved to create the Electric Picnic festival, which last year was held at the same location that Reading Ireland was on tap for (Stradbelly Castle, Co. Laois).

You never know, you might see a more Reading/Leeds-orientated Electric Picnic this year, or perhaps the whole shebang if we're lucky.

Not entirely sure.

Just thought it was mad that they put so much effort into hyping it and it was just let drift away slowly.

But I definatly remember that its whole idea was to give a kinda hard rock/metal festival for people that are that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Whos playing ozzfest this year? I heard rumours of Sabbath, Anthrax and Megadeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm going to the Donnington Download festival and they're billing the second day as Ozzfest, with Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver and HIM headlining. Not sure if that will be the line-up for the rest of Ozzfest, but it's pretty poor if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ozzfest's line-up this year is pretty... average. you have the legends black sabbath and priest there but then you have hatebreed, and then 1000 other bands that sound exactly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The last Ozzfest was one of the most depressing days of my miserable life. I've nver seen so many similarily poor bands in one place. Next year's Ozzfest line-up will be dictated by whatever style of Metal is fashionable at the time. It's all about selling t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Who won that Battle for Ozzfest thingy? I watched a few episodes but have resistred the urge to allow myself to become hooked. I reckon the guy from 'a dozen furies' should have got it.

A Dozen Furies? Does this mean Davey Arthur is outta the band? :p

Silence J

Awwwwww no fair :(

It came down to two very talented bands, but only one gets to hang with the big dogs and represent on the Ozzfest 2005 main stage. Just about two million of you responded to our online poll. Here are the results, including the final numbers for favorite band.

Favorite Band
    The only broken chad in this election battle was the dude Ahmad kicked in the mosh pit. In the end, A Dozen Furies won it all by a commanding margin: 57 percent to Cynder's 43 percent.

Favorite Cast Member
    It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that 32 percent of you also chose Marc as your favorite cast member, with Ryan, again, coming in second with 22 percent of the vote.

Cast Member You Loved to Hate
    Ahmad won big with 63 percent of your vote, albeit in a somewhat unenviable category.

Hottest Cast and Sexiest Moment
    Brittany and her dominatrix costume dominated the voting in two categories: she was voted the hottest cast member and she also won the sexiest moment with the aforementioned S&M outfit.

Best Metal Moment
    In a strange foreshadowing of the vote for winning band, Marc licking up Big Dave's lugie and spitting it on Ryan's face was your choice as the show's best metal moment.

Best Ozzy Prank
    And the best Ozzy prank? You preferred Ozzy crapping on the bus (you sick puppies) to his making the cast bite heads off fake bats by the narrowest of margins: 34 to 32 percent.

Well, those are the results. Stay tuned for highlight clips from the finale and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

magpie wrote:
    Battle for Ozzfest thingy

Worst....****ing....show....ever

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Agreed. Some of it seemed SO fake. And the two guys who were in the final were the most uninteresting pair in the bunch. Cept for the spit thing. That was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

So, anyone know is it actually coming here then? And who might be coming with it?

Ofcourse not.

It's all rumour and hear'say.
    In 2002 it was held in May, and it was announced at the start of Febuary, if it was coming I imagine they would have announced it by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Look
    Ozzfest = metal bands(most of the time)
    Its simple,half this side of the world would give teeth to see the Ozzfest anywhere so if they are coming to our tiny island with no rock scene then shouldnt we be overf***ing joyed to see it.
    Personally, i'll be queueing to get my ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drums

Rumour has it that Iron Maiden are headlining and that Megadeth will also get a headlining spot

Advertisement