Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im thinking of going up to the local 24h tesco and grabbing it. If there is going to be big queues forget it, but I reckon they will all be at the book shops in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Tesco are are selling it real cheap.

Not as cheap as Dunes (accroding to the Dunes add anyway)

Well have it here... Queue in Tesco was huge but they handed the book to the queue then made us queue for a till so the whole thing was snakeing back on its self. Then they only seemed to be taking for it at one till. I picked up a few bits I needed and went to a free till no hassle. Skiped about 150 people ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha my friend has started selling harry potter now and wont get off till tomorrow night :)

• Advertisement

Tesco could have made life alot easier for them selfs I reckon. They only had 2 or 3 tills out of 20 open and the self service tills were closed as well. 2 beers and a chapter of HP before bed ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'harry woke with a start' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

I only had to wait about 45 minutes outside Reads in Cork, and got mine straight away with a free goodie bag:) they handed us out food and drink in the queue, ha I laugh at the Easons and Waterstoners! Pity I can't start reading it now, gotta sleep before work :(

Took me 15 mins from leaving the car to getting back in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

is it only Dublin city centre thats open at 12 or is LV and the square etc open?

• Advertisement

Well thats just ruined it for me man! Thanks alot!

Well thats just ruined it for me man! Thanks alot!
    i was a surprised as you!a start! i never!

on a related note my friend just emailed me the first page to tease me lol,that ho!she got the book for free... :(

She typed out the first page for you? My God, thats just an amazing waste of time!

If she's gonna do that, you may aswell ask for the whole book. :)

She typed out the first page for you? My God, thats just an amazing waste of time!

If she's gonna do that, you may aswell ask for the whole book. :)
    ya she did but i dont think she has time for the whole thing lol!she has to go and sell the book in a different shop now!sly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Bloody harry potter! Has anyone on here actually queued and got the book already?

yes they have,its been mentioned in one of the other potter threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

theres more than one? ah well...

So did people actually have to queue at the likes ofa 24hr tesco or did they have plenty in stock and it was just a question of going in at midnight to pick up a copy. I vaguely remember before people queuing outside easons with prepaid vouchers for their books at midnight when one of the other books was released.

big ole queues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

So, anyone read it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

lol. but wrong. thats actually the first line from a *fake* e-booko thats doing the rounds on the p2p networks since about april.
    :P

*ahem:
    "it was nearing midnight and the prime minister was sitting alone in his office..."
    Thats the first line.
    And its not actually out here until midnight western time. Which is about an hour and a half.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

So, anyone read it yet?

Yep, I finished it a while ago. I was really delighted at the identity of the Half-Blood Prince - it wasn't who I thought it would be, but it was definitely interesting. As for the character who dies ... I really hadn't wanted that one to die, so I was annoyed.

Fenny wrote:
    Yep, I finished it a while ago. I was really delighted at the identity of the Half-Blood Prince - it wasn't who I thought it would be, but it was definitely interesting. As for the character who dies ... I really hadn't wanted that one to die, so I was annoyed.

Hey spoileres I didnt know anyone major died!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks Fenny, I wasn't aware anyone was going to die this time around!

I pre-ordered from Amazon back in December but forgot that the release date was a Saturday so now I've to wait for Monday until the book gets here. :(

I'm so close to heading up to Dunnes to pick up a copy before then that it's riddikulus!

I knew it would be easier to pick up from the shops then wait for and online store to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do Dunnes on Patrick Street or Merchants Quay stock it? I have to take the bus to Dublin Monday and that would do the job nicely

All Dunnes have it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Whoops, sorry about that - JK Rowling had said that she was going to kill off major characters so I thought it was known. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I just finished it half an hour ago. I didn't want to believe the ending, I tried to convince myself that it would all work out alright...(hope that's not giving away too much). I'll make my comment on the HBP's identity when more people have finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not really a HP fan but read the final page in Tesco today (yes.. very sad of me!).. and the ending is quite a shocker!

** SPOILERS BELOW FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T FINISHED IT **
    I only realised after i got home and i switched on Sky News and they were talking about a main character dying that i realised i learned that on the last page i read. When i read something along the lines of "..the night of Dumbledore's death".. would make sense now that the original and best Dumbledore from the movies (Richard Harris) has passed away.

Strange that there was absolutely no hype to the death as compared to the last one when Sirius Black (if i recall correctly) died!

Sorry for thread-crashing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

YEah, I had to read the last few chapters more than once to actually believe it.
    So sad! And the best part is that we have absolutley no idea how things will develop in the next book, what with Hogwarts facing closure.

I'm really looknig forward to seeig TGOF in the cinena now.

So sad!

Advertisement