Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Options
  • 17-02-2005 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

1)32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI
    2)AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

I recently got A game and found out i need these for it to run. They're graphic cards right? where can i get them?
    the game is knights of the old republic 2 : sith lords
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You will need to buy an new graphics card. Any recent card will have them.

1. How much do you have to spend on a new one
    2. What type of ports do you have.

You will need to open your PC to see what ports they have. Look in the bottom left side of the case and you should see somthing that looks like this: http://www.beginthread.com/Article/Dave/How%20to%20assemble%20a%20pc/agp%20pci%20isa%20slots.jpg except there will be things in these ports. If you have the top brown one you will be ok, this is an AGP port. If you only have whit ones then you will be severly limited to what graphics card you can get and will not be able to run KOTR 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Stifler wrote:
    1)32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI

Says right here that he can..... Anyway... most of what he said above is true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Stifler

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You will need to buy an new graphics card. Any recent card will have them.

1. How much do you have to spend on a new one
    2. What type of ports do you have.

You will need to open your PC to see what ports they have. Look in the bottom left side of the case and you should see somthing that looks like this: http://www.beginthread.com/Article/Dave/How%20to%20assemble%20a%20pc/agp%20pci%20isa%20slots.jpg except there will be things in these ports. If you have the top brown one you will be ok, this is an AGP port. If you only have whit ones then you will be severly limited to what graphics card you can get and will not be able to run KOTR 2.

what would be a good affordable under 200 euro card to get. I have the brown one as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The best you could get for about €200 would be a 6600 GT.

But depending on the rest of your machine it might not be worth spend all your money on a graphics card.

Advertisement