Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who'd make a difference?

• 17-02-2005 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Ok so you pick one guy from any promotion who you think could add some much needed freshness and reliability to the rosters. Who would you pick and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brow wrote:
    Ok so you pick one guy from any promotion who you think could add some much needed freshness and reliability to the rosters. Who would you pick and why?

If I was a writer on Smackdown I'd plead with Vince to send Michaels there.
    Think of the possibilities.Matches with Angle,Eddie,Taker(renewal of an old feud),Rey,JBL.If Michaels was turned heel,it could be great.

Likewise if I was a writer on Raw,I'd want to have John Cena there.He could get away with more controversial stuff in his raps on Raw and he could have some great matches against the likes of Orton,Batista,Kane,Edge,Y2J,Triple H and Benoit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Going back a few years, I think that Steiner should have been sent to SD, and not Raw. Steiner proved throughout his career that he was a better heel than good guy. He could have really been a big asset to Smackdown. Steiner Vs Brock after Mania would have been a nice feud.

I would also like if Matt Hardy went back to SD after his return (or indeed, never left in the first place). We all know this aint going to happen, because of his rel'ship with Lita, but he was doing very well as a heel, and would be at leats a US title contender if he were still there now. He could very concievably go on to the WWE tile as well. Plus, look at the feuds he could be involved in - Matt Vs RVD. Matt Vs Eddie (now that would be something). Matt Vs Cena (comedy alone would be great). Matt Vs Taker. The list goes on.

I know its pie in the sky. Maybe if Litas injury doesnt heel up (not that id wish that), this may be a possibility. Or even if Lita went as well, but that would be unlikely considering she is an active wrestler.

gimmick wrote:

I would also like if Matt Hardy went back to SD after his return (or indeed, never left in the first place). We all know this aint going to happen, because of his rel'ship with Lita, but he was doing very well as a heel, and would be at leats a US title contender if he were still there now. He could very concievably go on to the WWE tile as well. Plus, look at the feuds he could be involved in - Matt Vs RVD. Matt Vs Eddie (now that would be something). Matt Vs Cena (comedy alone would be great). Matt Vs Taker. The list goes on.

I couldn't agree more.Matt was great on Smackdown,one of their best stars.Remember his match on an episode of Smackdown against Benoit when the crowd gave him a standing ovation?Then they send him to Raw and he was losing week after week and shoved onto Heat as well.
    I would go so far as to say that of all the trades that have been done,Matt's switch to Raw was the worst of the lot because it didn't improve him at all.If anything,it hindered his career...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I couldn't agree more.Matt was great on Smackdown,one of their best stars.Remember his match on an episode of Smackdown against Benoit when the crowd gave him a standing ovation?Then they send him to Raw and he was losing week after week and shoved onto Heat as well.
    I would go so far as to say that of all the trades that have been done,Matt's switch to Raw was the worst of the lot because it didn't improve him at all.If anything,it hindered his career...

That's probably why they sent him to Raw but smacdown works better as a big fish in a small pond mixture of wrestlers,
    I think heidenheich could go to Raw and help snitsky to put some life into the tag team titles

stalfos wrote:
    That's probably why they sent him to Raw but smacdown works better as a big fish in a small pond mixture of wrestlers,
    I think heidenheich could go to Raw and help snitsky to put some life into the tag team titles

Not necessarily.Look at Shelton Benjamin.He has done great on Raw whereas on Smackdown he wasn't as big a star as Matt was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Not necessarily.Look at Shelton Benjamin.He has done great on Raw whereas on Smackdown he wasn't as big a star as Matt was.

yeah but he was with Charlie haas at the time and up and coming stars usually start as in a tag team e.g shawn micheals. Also if you get to face HHH and win, your know your going to make it big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Well when i originally put this up i also meant you could choose from TNA and indies and stuff put some great points made all round in regards to WWE promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Brow wrote:
    Who would you pick and why?

Well, who would you pick, and why?

Apart from AJ Styles, and Jeff Hardy, TNA doesnt seem to have too much to offer, though i still think that X Pac could be good on SD (I hate him though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    Going back a few years, I think that Steiner should have been sent to SD, and not Raw. Steiner proved throughout his career that he was a better heel than good guy.QUOTE]

Steiner was always a better heel but i think by the time he signed for WWE his body had given up on him and his ring work was terrible so i doubt he would hav emade much of a difference. Angle, Eddie and Benoit, who was still with SM at the time, would have made him look plain silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

For Smackdown id choose AJ STYLES,JEFF HARDY,PETEY WILLIAMS,,BROCK LESNAR AND HECTOR GARZA

FOR RAW ID GO WITH AMERICAS MOST WANTED AND ABYSS AND SAMOA JOE

OBVIOUSLY ALONG WITH THE NEW TALENT ID ALSO BRING IN SOME NEW WRITERS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING

• Advertisement

Samoa Joe is a good choice and i'm a mark of Christopher Daniels so I'd like those two signed. AJ Styles and Petey Williams are also good choices but the question raised is would WWE keep these outstanding competitors down for being on rival companies? It's been said before Vince would never let a main talent of another show hold his belt unless it was really needed. Look at RVD, Booker T, Steiner, to name a few. All so close then degraded. Only Eddie and Benoit have really made because of the way they left WCW as opposed to the others only joining when bought out.
    That's why I found it interesting so many looked at trades rather than bringing in new talent because then they'd at least get a push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think the likes of Petey Williams, Chris Sabin and even AJ Styles would "in theory" be fantastic on smackdown or raw but in reality they'd be screwed for 2 reasons

1) they'd be barred from their trademark high risk moves

2) the "big boys" ( i mean that literally - remember how small mike awsome looked when compared to some wwe guys)would actively try to make them look bad, no-sell moves etc etc

That's true. I mean the piledriver is outlawed in WWE so what hopes has Petey Williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

if any of the so called 'small'guys were ever to succed in wwe it would involve a huge change of emphasis.Just imagine with a push how over samoa joe could be?

He's well better than half the big guys they have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

aj styles would make a difference obviously.he has everybody talking bout him and i believe an angle or tag team combination of himself and RVD would be formidable.

a few years ago i would have said Sting but not sure how he would fare now.

here are people that should be brought in or brought back.you may disagree with some people i mention here but i'm entitled to my opinion and you can agree or disagree

from tna

aj styles
    fallen angel
    abyss
    DLO BROWN

old wwe

shamrock
    vader
    rock
    stone cold
    brock lesnar
    nidia
    sunny
    million dollar man

wcw

DDP
    David Flair
    stevie ray

iww

baxter burridge
    alex shane
    alex breslin
    the heretic red vinny (shorten it to the heretic)

nwa

robbie brookside
    tatanka

Those are some good choices who should have never been let go. One or two though i wasnt big on such as Vader and David Flair. Just didnt do much for me in the ring but Flair could work angles with his dad maybe i dunno. I was huge on Shamrock and was sad to see him go. Especially in that crap lions den match with Vince...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Shamrock is back fighting in UFC. He fought against Kimo at UFC 48 and knocked him out with a knee. Ken is fighting against Rich Franklin at the finale of "The Ultimate Fighter" which is a UFC reality show which could be compared to the likes of tough enough. Great show.

Shamrock is old now though and near past it. He's 40. Still has alot of heart. HE is pushing for a rematch for the last few months against Tito Ortiz to avenge his loss to him.. Shamrock fought Tito the last time with a damaged ACL which makes it neari mpossible to fight on. Tito will probably cream him again though.

As far as DDP goes, he won't be wrestling again. He injured himself pretty bad. Dlo Brown would be a bad idea.. He has talent but WWE never knew how to push him.. The only push he had was with the chest protecter.

Anyways, I haven't watched wrestling in a year or so.. The storylines got boring.. The talent sucks hardcore and the guys that are talented aren't being pushed right. The stables suck. Ah, I can't stand watching it now.

Dude, DDP is wrestling for TNA now. He's got a world title shot at the next PPV i think.
    A lot of guys are also pushing 40 now in WWE and still goin strong. I mean Kane, Taker, Rico was, Regal and a few others. Kane and such are slowing down now stuff but Shamrock willl always have his technical ability. I'd say he could still do a job for WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

errrrrrrrrrrrrr kanes always bein slow brow ......... but id like to see cm punk cuz hes fine or petey williams he'd a pretty good heel and an awsome wrestler. no no wait bring back lex luger! actually no no dont not at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Brow wrote:
    Dude, DDP is wrestling for TNA now. He's got a world title shot at the next PPV i think.

That's cool. I don't watch TNN or wrestling, he stopped wrestling for WWE because of an injury. I assumed it still standed.

Yeah he botched his neck and said himself he'd retire buti suppose TNA made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    Pingu Girl, Kane wasn't nearly as bad as he is now. He used to get around the ring quite quick back in the day. Then he wrecked his arm around the time of the Austin/Triple H power trip and never was the same.

Advertisement