Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest insurance for first time biker!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

im 22 and got 3 years NCB on a marauder 125 (goup2 ) so i checked hibernian online and got quoted 2100 for a virago 250. thats fecking mental . i might give CN an ould buzz and see whats happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seanybiker wrote:
    im 22 and got 3 years NCB on a marauder 125 (goup2 ) so i checked hibernian online and got quoted 2100 for a virago 250. thats fecking mental . i might give CN an ould buzz and see whats happening there.
    Sounds like me last year. 2 years NCB and they wanted €2400 TPO for a 125 Marauder.

Carole Nash should take you on with your NCB. You'll notice a big difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

AON are now quoting new business directly. I.e. no more having to go through dealers. They were about 15% less than Hib for me. Also they do a discount for training (variable depending on what you've got) up to 30%. So for me with full NCB (5years or more) and a Rospa Silver (hope to get soon) would get an 80% discount on their policy . . . yes thats correct 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Aon were still 300 euro dearer than CN for me this year, Hib were ~350 dearer AON wanted 1000e, thats on a 250 bandit, TPO, carole nash will insure me on a bandit 600 for 1100, while both Hib and AON want ~1500. So it seems to vary wildly depending on the person.
    CN seem to be better for first timers from my experience and my mates experience.
    Shop around (well, as much as you can with only 3 options)

that said, TPO is laughable as an insurance policy, just expensive lip service to legality. Sadly TPFT is usually almost as expensive as fully comp, and in my case nearly twice what my bike cost me.

Advertisement