Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't send Meteor Free Webtexts with Firefox?

Options
  • 17-02-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having trouble sending web texts on Meteor with Firefox? I don't think it's ever worked for me, I have to use IE every time.

When I click on "Send" nothing happens.

Comments

Happens to everybody. Meteor know about it but aren't willing to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ah well.

No big deal, I can live with it. That's only the second minor complaint I'd have about Meteor now. (The first being their crazy roaming arrangements)

plazzTT wrote:
    Ah well.

No big deal, I can live with it. That's only the second minor complaint I'd have about Meteor now. (The first being their crazy roaming arrangements)
    Lucky for you, lol. I left Meteor last week for the "wee red one." Was having a lot of problems round here.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its the only website i use Internet explorer for,

GO FIREFOX!

apart from college, they only have Internet explorer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I emailed em about this and they don't support firefox :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've version 1.0 of firefox and it works fine for me, no problems sending texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i thought firefox said it stuck closer to the ww3 or whatever standards and it is infact webpages being written soley on ie that is the problem, so meteor saying they don't supprt firefox is like that saying they don't support the internet... (internatioanl web standards)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

jester77 wrote:
    I've version 1.0 of firefox and it works fine for me, no problems sending texts.
    Are you sure about that? I've version 1.0 and it don't work for me....just says in the status bar Waiting for www.mymeteor.ie.... It used to work on the previous version tho AFAIR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

fletch wrote:
    Are you sure about that? I've version 1.0 and it don't work for me....just says in the status bar Waiting for www.mymeteor.ie.... It used to work on the previous version tho AFAIR

Yeah, it works! Tried it again this morning although I noticed something strange with it, maybe just a coincidence. I typed in "Test" and tried to send it to myself, got the same problem you mention and it didn't send. Tried it again, didn't send. Tried it a 3rd time and added one of their smileys to the end of the message and it sent ok. I repeated all of the above a second time and the same result. Message only sent when one of their smileys was added to the end of the message. Maybe it was just a coincidence but a strange one! Give it a go and see if its the same for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

jester77 wrote:
    Yeah, it works! Tried it again this morning although I noticed something strange with it, maybe just a coincidence. I typed in "Test" and tried to send it to myself, got the same problem you mention and it didn't send. Tried it again, didn't send. Tried it a 3rd time and added one of their smileys to the end of the message and it sent ok. I repeated all of the above a second time and the same result. Message only sent when one of their smileys was added to the end of the message. Maybe it was just a coincidence but a strange one! Give it a go and see if its the same for you...

Sending Meteor webtexts via Firefox used to work fine for me until today. Then I used jesters smiley trick and it works now too. But I am sure it worked all along till today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

I've just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.0.1 and it works now. Just sent an sms from Meteor's website.

By the way, I didn't lose any bookmarks, history, etc. in the upgrade so why not give it a try? I'm very happy I don't have to use IE anymore... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Yeah I could never send Meteor webtext with Firefox, only Internet Explorer.

And with the anti-virus software and pop-up blocker i have on my computer, Internet Explorer works brilliantly. I've switched back because alot of sites i go to dont function properly with Firefox. It got horrible irritating! So i'm back with IE and it works perfectly and flawlessly now... and i can get into any website AND sent webtexts... Better than firefox at the moment i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Karsini wrote:
    Meteor....aren't willing to do anything.
    Not quite true...
    Have a little patience & cross some fingers .... ;)

Currently, I can log in with Firefox, as far as I know the only thing I cant do is send web-texts, everything else seems to work. Think I have V1.075 but not sure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

jester77 wrote:
    Message only sent when one of their smileys was added to the end of the message. Maybe it was just a coincidence but a strange one! Give it a go and see if its the same for you...

I think this is what I noticed months ago when the new site came online... Using the smileys actually sends the message. I'm not sure if it's all of them but the ":-/" one works everytime for me to send. :rolleyes: Lots of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭taby

I have found that just pressing enter after typing in the number helps if using Mozilla. It easier than the smiley thing i think. And it always works for me.

Advertisement