Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ok I am sick of this

Options
  • 17-02-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know where I could get the code for my car radio. It is proving almost impossible to get it from the guy I baught the car from ... without paying 25 euro. he claims he has to get it off the net!!!
    What happend is that the battery died in the car and so then, did the raido. when i got back to the guy he gave me a code first.. it did not work.. and now he says we will have to pay 25 euro.. the radio is CDR 500 (e) and no. is 93171870 the car is a opel vectra 00 D 1670
    any help would be appreciated.. as it would just gall me to have to give the fecker another penny :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

http://tinyurl.com/68h4q

A long shot but that site^^ has a code mentioned for it as "0000-9999"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you try your local Opel dealer or Opel Ireland? Pay a visit to your local Opel dealer and give them the details, they should be able to sort it out for you.

I wouldn't pay that guy a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

well I did ring Opel ireland but the girl gave me the wrong code.. I think she just took down the wrong chassie no that i gave her. then when i rang back she said that she should not have given me the code. fair enought i didnt want to get her into any trouble.. so, then i went to my local opel dealer here in cork.. but he said that i would need to find out what dealer it was baught from.. but as its a D reg,, that would be almost impossible. will i have to give in to this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

the code is writen in a specific place in the car. all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

My brother is in the same boat. Bought a '95 Pug 106 recentley and while waiting for insurance etc to be finalized the battary had gone flat. Took it out to charge and now of course the radio needs a code. No idea what it is. Last owner hasn't a clue. He has all the paper work that came with the car and nothing to be found on that. Weird thing is if you hold the "Band" button and turn on the radio it works for about 2 mins before displaying CODE
    Where abouts in/on the car stratos? Giz a clue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

they usually write the codes in th emanual for the radio, thats where sits been on any car i've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Bro has the radio manual alrite but it's not on there. Well, it's not obvious. Looking at it here beside me. Would it be worth taking out the radio and getting the serial of it if we need to ring peugeot or is that even necessary?

Brother's friend said he had to ring Peugeot in France in the end to sort his a few months back. A real headache apparently.

come on stratos.. give us another clue.. we are dying here.. I cant listen to myself singing alone in the car for another day. please, please, pretty please.

http://www.wigancars.co.uk / I just found this site. Does anyone know about it or does it work. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

There stereo in my 406 coupe asked for the code one morning for no apparent reason. I rang a Peugeot dealer and they gave me the code over the phone no problem. You could try ringing a dealer in Kerry or something where they are more likely to trust people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Try here, they're usually pretty good

http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi?board=Calcs

Advertisement