Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Tourney In Dublin!!

Options
  • 17-02-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

The Following Tournament Is Taking Place In Chapelizod Just 5mins From City Centre And 5 Mins Off M50 Very Accesible Area Linked With Lots Of Bus Routes Anyone Interested Contact Numbers Below Or Private Message Me
    1st Prize 1000€plus

Texas Hold’em Poker Classic ♠♦♣♥

Where: Mullingar House, Chapelizod
    When: Tuesday March 1st
    Time: 6 Till Late
    Price: 20 Euro Per Tickets Plus Re-buys And Top-ups On Night

Tickets Available From The Mullingar House Or Call Or Text The Following Numbers:

0877467517 (neill)
    0851443806 (jonathon)
    0863095400 (eoin)

Prize Fund: €1,250 Minimum
    Plus Spot Prizes On Night

*limited To 80 Tickets So Buy Tickets Early To Avoid Dissapoinment

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Here we go again.....

I'm with Dev here, we need an agreed format for all posts that want to pimp their tournie - stuff like blinds, prize pool, max players, payout% etc.

I'll work on one today - anyone got ideas PM me.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Hyzepher wrote:
    Here we go again.....

I'm with Dev here, we need an agreed format for all posts that want to pimp their tournie - stuff like blinds, prize pool, max players, payout% etc.

I'll work on one today - anyone got ideas PM me.

Hyzepher

One question to clearly ask is:

What is this for?

Charity, Stand-alone commercial, sports club fund raiser, satellite etc?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, getting annoyed at first time posters simply using the forum as an advertising mechanism. We already have one of those up top right. *frown*

Thanks Chris, once we get that, we'll snip any post that doesnt conform. If they are going to pimp, lets make them give us the information WE want.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

damn pimps are way out of control, they were at the paddypower online tables last night pimping url's galore until somebody finally put a stop to it in the chat rooms...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭POKERKING

If You Check Thread Further Down All Questions Are Answered Apologies For Misunderstanding
    P.s. Its A Poker Forum Surely You Would Want To Know About All Poker Tournaments Going On Around The Country I Know I Do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

As Hyzepher posted in sticky:

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    3. Date and Location of event
    4. Registration and Start time of event.
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc)
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.)
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc.
    9. Cost of registration
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels.
    13. Starting Chips
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.
    15. Blind levels
    16. Blind timeframes
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc)
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules
    20. Is there a tournament director
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think he answered them in another thread. Somone should merge them, terrible fecking mods around here altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement