Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port a landline No. to VoIP?

Options
  • 17-02-2005 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Can I or will I be able to take an existing number ala eircom, move it to VoIP and the cancel my landline?

If so who, how and where? :D

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hi John,

Take a look:

http://www.rte.ie/business/2005/0217/ComReg.html

So it's not there yet - but when it does I will be one of the first to move! :)

Jason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

jwt wrote:
    Can I or will I be able to take an existing number ala eircom, move it to VoIP and the cancel my landline?

If so who, how and where? :D

Thanks

John

watch the comreg.ie site for details, also im sure blueface.ie will be one of the first to accomodate punters ; theres a nice article in the irish times today about it (business section)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Guess I'll have to wait and see

Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

tck wrote:
    watch the comreg.ie site for details, also im sure blueface.ie will be one of the first to accomodate punters ; theres a nice article in the irish times today about it (business section)
    We can port numbers right now. If you want to receive calls on your existing landline number, using VoIP, you can port the number to us and we will route the calls down your internet connection.

Aaron Clauson
    www.blueface.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

This looks very interesting.

However... I've got DSL... if I get rid of my UTVTalk (line rental + calls) service but want to retain my BB service (which isn't via UTV) will I be able to ?
    If there's a problem with my BB service because of a line fault where do I go ? (seeing as I won't be paying for line rental)

any clues ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Legitimate

No you can't. broadband is automatically ceased if the line you pay for is ceased, it's simply another service on top of it.

Advertisement