Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All My Posts addition

Options
  • 17-02-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering would it be possible to add a feature to the All My Posts page which would tell you if any of the threads you were looking at had been replied to since you had posted there? I generally use All My Posts to check if anyone has replied to what I've posted but I have to try and remember the post counts of each thread to see if its changed.

I know you had something similar with stars on the drop down menu denoting if that forum had changed since you'd last viewed it, but ye had to drop that due to it generating too much traffic.

I was thinking all you'd have to do is add a conditional to the All My Posts Page which would check if your post was the last post on the thread and if so stick a star next to the thread. Seeing as the All My Posts page doesn't get nearly as many hits as the drop down menu I don't think this would cause a huge increase in the workload for the servers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This feature should be there. the icon becide the thread title should change if there have been new posts on that thread since your original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Doh you're right, I should try looking at things before I suggest how to improve them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Have you tried the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php script? Ugly as hell, but I find it awfully useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

doesnt user control panel do this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Not exactly, you'll get a list of your subbed threads and subbed forums, but not a list of all threads on all forums that you might be interested in, if that makes sense. Navigating the forums to see all the threads you might want at a glance seemed rather tedious to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ah I hadn't seen that before, thanks ecksor.

Advertisement