Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATM worries

• 18-02-2005 12:38am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Scotland in the morning and was wondering if my AIB atm card will work there, as far as I know it will, but just to be sure.

Also, will there be any hefty charges on me if I use it over there? More than Beurau De Change charges in the Airport? I have a student account by the way.

I would have taken the cash out in a bank charge free earlier in the week but my money will only be going into the account in the morning.

thanks

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your AIB card will work at any machine with the Link logo on it, or Plus (logo's should be printed on the rear of your card).

Charges - I think the last time I used my AIB card in the UK I got hit with a €1.27 charge per withdrawal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ah, right you are, never noticed those logos before!

€1.27 isn't the worst, I might do my best to make one withdrawal rather than going back every time I need another £20 or something, I'll see what the commission fee's (if any) there are at the airport tomorrow,

Thanks

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most ATM's in the UK are on the Link network, so you should be OK. I'd definitely recommend taking the cash out in 1/2 goes to save on fees

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

BuffyBot wrote:
    Most ATM's in the UK are on the Link network, so you should be OK. I'd definitely recommend taking the cash out in 1/2 goes to save on fees

yeah, seems like the smart thing to do alright.

thanks for your help,

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Some banks will charge you an extra GBP1.50 to withdraw money, but they'll warn you about this before yiu take the money out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement