Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millar back for '06 tour?

Options
  • 18-02-2005 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

David Millar tried to get his 2-year ban overturned, he failed and pissed off the powers that be who thought they were being lenient giving him 2years and not 4.

THey did decide to move the start date of his ban forward tho, meaning he'll be available for the 2006 Tour

link

the guy was a hige talent and a real team player, but who'll sign him??? I'd say he'll have a tough time getting back into the peloton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I can see him joining up with Team Discovery Channel with Armstrong, they get on well and Armstrong was impressed with his refusal to 'spit in the soup' I gathered somewhere - perhaps a spurious claim.

A big talent alright, touted as a tour winner by some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

I agree that he would joing Discovery more then anyone else. It is either that or joining a very small team. It is only Armstrongs influence that will save his career and bring him to Discovery. I think more then anyone in fairness Millar has learned a hell of a lesson from this whole thing.

Advertisement