Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube Modding with Viper GC chip

Options
  • 18-02-2005 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I just bought a Viper GC, should be here in a day or 2.

Has anyone already installed one?

The tutorials online makes it seem not too difficult. seems you can use normal dvds if you just leave the case off.
    I'm sick of my original disks getting scratched :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

cant see it being able to play normal dvds seeing as the laser doesnt extend out far enough.

I saw a way to make it play copied games but i cant say anything on that as it is 'bold'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Laser dosnt have to go out the full way as the data is only burned in the same area. Not sure where TOC is burned to though. He's right anyway if you leave the case off you can use full size DVD's.

I considered the Viper but it just looked like way too much hassle to do anything with. Loads od disc swapping and if it wont read the copied media you have to use a multi meter to retune the laser, **** that!

Advertisement