Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T630 email client

Options
  • 18-02-2005 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've changed over from O2 to Meteor and got a SonyEricsson T630. Everything works fine except for reading my email, keep getting "Server not Found" message. Below are my settings. Meteor ISP is enabled(called them to set it up) as I can download my mail to my laptop through my mobile using this connection.
    What am I doing wrong, its driving me nuts???

Thanks!

Data Account

Profile Name: Meteor ISP
    Connection Type: GPRS
    APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp
    Other settings at default

Email Account

Account Name:
    O2
    Connect using: Meteor ISP
    Protocol: POP3
    Incoming Server: pop3.o2.ie
    Incoming Port: 110
    Mailbox: <username>
    Password: <password>
    Outgoing server: smtp.o2.ie
    Outgoing port: 25
    E-mail address: <username>@o2.ie
    Download: Headers only
    From Name: <Name>
    Signature: No Signature
    Copy Outgoing: Off
    Check Interval: Off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it looks to me that u r not passing thru APN... maybe if u wanna give Meteor a ring and confirm that you have access thru its APN... am on O2 and have T630 too but i had the same experience, the only thing went wrong was my account was not authorised to access its APN!.. they fixed that and i'm flying thru on GPRS e-mail... ehehhe.. :D

Advertisement