Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ask a lecturer II.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

OK, I'm going to have to take two steps to try to calm things down here.

1) I'm going to post a scan of my January 2005 pay bulletin. It will have all identifying information blocked out but you will see that my gross pay for the month is €6,226.25, which works out to an annual salary of €74,715, which is the top of the College Lecturer scale for those hired after 1995 (and you can confirm this at the link I gave early on in the thread). This ought to satisfy you all that I am what I say I am. There may be a couple of other positions in the university that pay exactly the same wage (I haven't checked) but I doubt it.

2) I am only going to respond to substantive questions and remarks. I'm not going to play the pissing contest game any more or engage in any more arguing about who was disrespecting whom. Any posts about whether I'm arrogant or not or whether I behaved appropriately or not or whether I'm really a lecturer or not or whether I think the entire medical faculty is arrogant (I never said any such thing) or whether I think students are really very thick (I never said that either) or whether my typos ('your' instead of 'you're') are evidence that I'm a moron or rather of the fact that I've been typing a lot of responses very quickly: all of them will be ignored.

And if we can't carry on a discussion from here on out with a modicum of decorum, I'll have to chalk it up to experience and regretfully take my leave.

I do expect syke's charge of racism to be retracted, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OK, I'm going to have to take two steps to try to calm things down here.

1) I'm going to post a scan of my January 2005 pay bulletin. It will have all identifying information blocked out but you will see that my gross pay for the month is €6,226.25, which works out to an annual salary of €74,715, which is the top of the College Lecturer scale for those hired after 1995 (and you can confirm this at the link I gave early on in the thread). This ought to satisfy you all that I am what I say I am. There may be a couple of other positions in the university that pay exactly the same wage (I haven't checked) but I doubt it.

2) I am only going to respond to substantive questions and remarks. I'm not going to play the pissing contest game any more or engage in any more arguing about who was disrespecting whom. Any posts about whether I'm arrogant or not or whether I behaved appropriately or not or whether I'm really a lecturer or not or whether I think the entire medical faculty is arrogant (I never said any such thing) or whether I think students are really very thick (I never said that either) or whether my typos ('your' instead of 'you're') are evidence that I'm a moron or rather of the fact that I've been typing a lot of responses very quickly: all of them will be ignored.

And if we can't carry on a discussion from here on out with a modicum of decorum, I'll have to chalk it up to experience and regretfully take my leave.

So basically what you're saying is you can't and won't answer the charges levied against you?

For the most part noone is questioning your credentials, more your attitude and suitability for those credentials.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As I said, I'm happy to believe you, I just detected a slight double standard in your reluctance to believe some others when you gave no more reason to believe you. Secondly, the original reason for me reading this thread is because the question of your identity was raised. I don't see how a payslip with all details blanked proves anything since it could easily be anybody's. If you really want to prove who you say you are I'm sure we can come up with some reasonable and mutually agreeable way for me to determine that you are legitimate and I will guarantee that your anonymity will remain. (believe me, if I cared I could remove your anonymity anyway, so don't get too paranoid about this).

Nobody here takes that charge as anything more than a humourous play on words so I think this will be interpreted as continuing the pissing match after you claimed you were ending it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH at this stage people this thread has gone so far off the original reason it was started that I am locking it down. Eoin if you wish to restart a new thread then consult with uberwolf tomorrow and with his agreement start another. You can send him details of your payslip if you deem it necessary so he can verify your claim.

Obviously if uberwolf disagrees with closing this thread he can open it again. Personally I think everyone needs to calm down and behave like and converse like adults.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement