Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday.

• 18-02-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

4.15 SANDOWN (Excuse the order)

This is a tough race to solve but I think there's an interesting one in there in EGGMOUNT. I backed him on his debut where he was hotly tipped on the back of some useful point to point wins. He cleaned up in that race and then went on to run in some hot races against some hot horses such as Le Passing, Control man and Football Crazy. He was short enough for those races because of the potential that was obviously there but couldnt chalk up another win. In the last one the jockey said that he was bleeing from the nose so a burst vessel was obviously to blame that day. Anyhoo....The horse has had a break and I think that time to recover would've also given him more time to school over fences and the trainer more time to consider his options. I followed the horse and watched the trainer declare him for various races and eventually chose this one today. He's currently 6-1 and I believe he could be value because he has already shown that somewhere in there he possesses the ability to beat the kind of horses he faces here.

2.00 Sandown

This is an interesting race also because there are so many unknowns here. The favourite is reliable enough but I would be dissappointed if at least on of these up and comers couldnt improve to beat him. It could be Mambo Des Mottes from Venetia Wiliam's yard...impressive in two chases in France and he's now entered, possibly ambitously in the Arkle, it's possible that they're expecting something good from this horse today..AP McCoy booked as well. It could be worth picking two out of this race at nice odds and having an each way interest..the afore mentioned being one at around 8-1 and the other being Melford at a tasty 20-1 with Ladbrokes. He was a horse to follow for me before winning at Sandown last December. The trainer entered him in 6 races before finally settling on the that one. He was an awful dissapointment next time at Wincanton and Im hoping that there was something amiss there (Timmy Murphy knew his fate and didnt ask the horse for too much) and he can bounce back today and prove that 20-1 is too big for what he is capable of.

The above races are one where i'm basically hoping for some improvement that I think is very possible but it goes without saying to keep your bets if you're gonna have any, modest.

2.45 Fakenham

The favourite here is a horse called Reasonably sure....The Racing Post give him the nap vote but he's not for me. His last race is the form pointer for this one where he was beaten into third by nine lengths finishing behind limited edition and Il duce. Il duce was 11-8 yesterday morning to win a race yesterday but he drifted like a boat and was well beaten in the end....8 and a half lengths behind him was limited edition.....the form was not franked basically. On the other hand, SWIFT SWALLOW won a similar race to this one today very nicely, scoring by 5 lengths against some nice horses. He's carrying top weight today but his usual jockey takes 7 pounds off that so nothing to worry about in my humble opinion.

3.20 Fakenham
    The racing is moderate today so these choices are hopeful more than anything, although I think I have found reasons why some bold shows should be expected. My last one is BE UPSTANDING. The horse was very well backed last time out and would've won only for he fell at the last. The race that day was within his reach and the owners had to look hard to find another they could win and this may well be it. It's a slightly tougher race but he looked like he had more to give when he fell last time so surely he'll take all the beating here.

Good luck

D

(im not reading this again so forgive any spelling mistakes etc)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Unlucky on a couple of those if i do say so myself. Ah well....another tough day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Every second day i'll take your tips ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

haha...shurrup.....

Advertisement