Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bladefist Irish Guild

• 18-02-2005 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

While I agree with the arguments saying that having a small guild isn't where one wants to be in the endgame, currently (on Bladefist at least), most of the Irish players are guildless. Being in a guild makes the game much more enjoyable, as well has providing a channel to ask other friendly(!) people questions, or agree mutually benificial trades, or find people to go on quests with you etc. Not being in a guild means you progress more slowly for these reasons, and miss out on the commeraderie.

For this reason, I'm going to create an Irish guild. Not to do raids, or any fancy end game things, but just so that we have a group to help each other out on our way to lvl 40 :P I would anticipate that once it's clear what the other big guilds are like, we'd either go our own way, or all join one of the bigger guilds.

Ok, so decision made. Next up, guildname. Obviously, boards.ie would be tempting (provided Devore doesn't have a problem with it), as it would be a beacon for other Irish players to know what it was, also we could do the same on other servers if desired. Other alternatives might be something else entertaining and Irish. Post ideas here!

If not boards.ie, it should be short (not like some of the example above which wont work!).

What would be a good Irish guild name? 4 votes

boards.ie
    0% 0 votes
    You'll never find me crock o' gold!
    0% 0 votes
    Other (post below)
    25% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar (no really!)
    75% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't call it Boards.ie, call it something that's related to boards.ie

For instance, Penny Arcade's guilds are called Obsidian Spur and Cardboard Tube Samurai (afaik). If anyone is interested they'll probably be reading this board anyway.

Atari Jaguar is an obvious choice but would probably get renamed by the GMs, being a copyrighted name and all. Jeffy, Boggle, amptest, supertroll, muppet, Ok I can't really think of something, but I think a name that's funny to boardsies is better than just "boards.ie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Devore's Minions! :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Trolls?
    Level 10 Muppets?

The guild I'm in on Spinebreaker is called The Scruffy Nerf Herders.... dont ask.
    If I get time I'll create an Alt on Spinebreaker and join up with you guys.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

How about the gathering, after the cards or maybe one of the more popular gathering cards.

I like the signature D!

On a separate point, Blizzard gave the impression a while back when the US WoW servers were overpopulated (in the Penny Arcade interview I believe), that they were developing a solution which would allow people to transfer characters from busy servers to a less populated server once and once only. In theory, if they do this, we could all join up on some server later. They did say at the time though that they were expecting this to happen in the next few weeks, and that was mid Jan or something, so perhaps it's hit a process problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'll join a bladefist boards.ie guild, how about:
    12-Clicked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

we had an Irish guild on star wars galaxies caleld "Temple Bar" :) most irish players instantly recognised it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

the guild signup is kind of crap tbh...i mean there should be an application page where u can apply ingame and then the CEO or whatever accepts it or rejects it...but having to search for people and stuff sucks...i mean needing 9 names to form a guild isnt great...I played EvE before WoW and it has a far better corp/guild setup...just my opinion...

Agreed on the guild setup. I tried Atari Jaguar since there were enough players running around with trademarked names for me not to be concerned, scrounged 9 signatures, then submitted. Of course Atari Jaguar being the beast of a machine that it is already had a guild devoted to its worship, so I lost the charter and all the names collected and had to start again from scratch. Why they can't tell you a name is taken when you take out the charter in the first place is beyond me.

Regardless, we now have a guild. It's called 'Bored of ie' ho ho. Send tell for invite, I'll try to invite any Irish players I recognise anyway when I'm on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

dude what server u on?...im looking for a guild atm...lvl 15 troll warrior

• Advertisement

As per post title, we're on Bladefist. It's just some boards people rather than a power leveling group though hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Is it mostly Horde players?

I've been looking at the Character / Server thread and it certainly looks that way.

I tried Burning Blade which is overpopulated and at times there's a queue of 200 people trying to get in which is pretty annoying. Only played for a day so I don't mind starting over :)

Just want to make sure there'd be somebody on the server I can talk to hehe. Don't want to pick the wrong faction and end up fighting all the irish players!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Amp and I are Alliance on SpineBreaker, my next char will be a Horde character though, possibly a hunter or a warlock for the pets!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

can you have characters on multiple servers?

For example, if I were to create a new character on bladefist would I lose my chars on tarsenus (or whatever it's called) ?

How do you switch between servers by the way? Everytime i start the game it goes straight for the server I have been using. account management?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

DeVore wrote:
    Amp and I are Alliance on SpineBreaker, my next char will be a Horde character though, possibly a hunter or a warlock for the pets!

You mean the succubus? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

LoLth wrote:
    can you have characters on multiple servers?

For example, if I were to create a new character on bladefist would I lose my chars on tarsenus (or whatever it's called) ?

How do you switch between servers by the way? Everytime i start the game it goes straight for the server I have been using. account management?

When you log in, you can click on the 'change realm' button to go to a different server. You can have different characters on different realms and switch between them anytime, just you can't have a horde character and an alliance character on the same server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Illkillya wrote:
    just you can't have a horde character and an alliance character on the same server.

didnt see that change server button, will look again. You sure about that bit above? I have 3 characters on the one server.
    Decion , undead warrior
    Taan , tauran shaman
    Mynx , human rogue

will I be forced to delete one or more at later levels? what you say would make sense though. to stop double agents etc. I like the way you cant mail someone from another faction.. otherwise you'd get people posting off envelopes full of decrepid darkhound poo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

That rule doesnt apply on non-PvP servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

It's on the screen where you pick which char you want to play with.
    If you're on Bladefist and Horde you may as well join the guild for now- you can always quit later if you find a different one. Just /whisper Drakar or any of the other members (Pestis is me) and say ur from boards :)

It's pretty handy for grouping, me and 3 other members my level were doing an instance together - bit less likely they'll quit suddenly or whatnot.

Yeah it was pretty cool to see a 4 person group in RFC last night. Like woo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

what are the queues like these days on Bladefist? Would like to play with people I've met in real life but cba waiting 30mins everytime I want to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Monday night, about 7ish was the only time I've seen a queue since the first weekend. And then it was of 80 people and I was in in less than 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Whatever happened to the talk of Boards users setting up an irish guild on Bladefist? FRom the server thread we got 14 horde players from Boards all on BladeFist. for the record it's

Draker - Draker - undead Priest
    Ivan - Sou - Undead Mage
    Jilm - Mako - Undead Warlock
    dhellen - Outlander - Undead Priest
    Memnoch - Undead Mage
    Squall - Vietmar - Orc Hunter
    Kevok - Haleferon - Undead Priest
    Quozl - Quozl - Undead Priest
    LoBo - Pestis - undead Warrior
    Tobi - Mylo - Undead Priest
    Dr Teeth - Sparrow - Orc Hunter
    Evil Genius - Whord - Troll Rogue
    Spoon 9k - Spoon - Undead Warrior
    Dubhthamlacht - Muineachain - Tauren Hunter

I'm sure there are other irish Horde players floating about. So how about it? Jesus nearly all of ye all seem fixated with being Undead Priests!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

Whatever happened to the talk of Boards users setting up an irish guild on Bladefist? FRom the server thread we got 14 horde players from Boards all on BladeFist.

we are all in one called "bored of ie" :D

Just to be clear, not everyone joined up, but many did. Everyone who's in the guild should have invite privs, so just if you see any of us online you should be able to ask for a /ginvite. We're not recruiting externally, but are quite happy to have any boards/irish people/friends.

And yes, we do have an inordinate amount of priests. I'd think rogues or mages would be our under represented classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

thanks for the info. If I see any of ye online I'll send a request the Bored of ie guild. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hey all,

I wouldn't mind playing with some of you if you wil have me.

I woud be playing a Fire mage, I already have another Toon on the Skullcrusher server with 3 of my other RL friends but I would like to join you guys too, at the moment I am finishing off my new pc and once that is ready I will be playing alot, also I actually find lvling kinda fun at the moment <shock! :eek: >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

talk to one of us in game and we'd be delighted to send you an invite

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sweet thanks :) Should be up and ready in a > week all going well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

can i get an invite.alias is 'Feeder' on the Bladefist server.

Advertisement