Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do?

• 18-02-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've an industrial placement next year. I just got offered a job which is great and all. Its a reasonable job. However there are other jobs I'm still in contention for which I'd prefer to this job.

But the company offering me the job have asked for me to accept in writeing by next week. I've no idea what to do, if I accpet am I legally meant to do it or what? I want to keep my options open essentially.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you can always except and then cancel.
    its not professional, but hey, if a job becomes available to you that you really want, then take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Never turn down a job in the hope that something better will come along. Quite often it doesn't.

Also bear in mind that if you do leave the company in the lurch they're unlikely to offer any student placements in the future.

Advertisement