Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inserting Track Marks In MP3

• 18-02-2005 1:38pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is any software available to insert track numbers in a continuous mix MP3. I record mixes straight into my MP3 player which has direct line encoding, so its connected directly to my mixer for recording. Then i transfer from the player to the PC. At this point I want to be able to indent each track - is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I use this to split sets into single tracks. You have to manually insert where the next tune starts. When each track is marked, it automatically splits the set for you.

Hope this will help.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Great, will try that.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

No propblem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DJ Kryptonic

Cheers,

I needed something like this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Loobz: This program splits at the designated areas - but presumably it still doesn't solve the problem of listening to seamless, yet marked, mixes? I know players can crossfade and so forth but for instance you'd still be looking at seperate tracks - especially on a non-fading iPod etc. Or am I wrong?

I'm interested cos this is what stops me using my iPod regularly (plus battery life sucks) and I won't be buying a new mp3 players for the foreseeable future. If anything I'll be buying another MD player cos I listen to so many live/mixed CDs. I'd love if you could tell me I'm wrong! :)

• Advertisement

I don't think it would solve that problem. I have a Rio Karma and bought it because of listening to mixes. It supports gapless playback.

When you say gapless do you literally mean it plays seamlessly the way a CD would or is it more a case of there's no silence between tracks (but the next song could be slightly off the beat coming in?)

Thanks.

There is no silence between tracks and generally blends in as per the original mix on CD. I do hear clips or beats being slightly off sometimes but not enough to bother me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i made a guide for burning mp3s to a cd with track marks sometime last year...
    cant be arsed searching for it now, and i think i've deleted most of the images from my webspace.

sound forge and nero burning rom are the tools i use for doing this

Thanks tman but I'm only interested in cd->mp3 - gapless but marked.

Felixdhc - good to know other hardware can play gapless but sounds like it's still not perfect and I'll stick with my MD. Thanks though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement