Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt

Options
  • 18-02-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

I overheard a conversation today saying that the government were about to reduce the VRT. Anyone heard anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Someone told me that there is no VRT on commericals is this right?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

1. the govt. can't afford to reduce or remove VRT!
    2. if you get a commercial you need to have commercial insurance (more €€€) and also it is subject to it being a commercial vehicle (no rear seats, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is that an icicle I see hanging off Satans tail?

NO!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

If they reduce/abolish VRT they instantly devalue every single car in the country thus knocking millions (billions) of the collective masses (us) wealth.

Not good for the economy and probably opening them up to all sorts of compensatory claims via the European courts.

Advertisement