Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Piercing Training

Options
  • 18-02-2005 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

After many unfulfilling years working in IT I have decided with much thought that I would like to get into body piercing. I have a fair few piercings and am familiar with most proceedures.

Unfortuantly there are no courses running in Ireland and I doubt many studios would like to take me on parttime as I still have to work in my IT job to earn a decent living until the piercing thing takes off.

So my question is where can I learn about piercing in Ireland ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

go to a peircing salon and get your training off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Snakebite do a 6 year course in piercing, no pay so you'd want to have a nestegg or a sideline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Snakebite do a 6 year course in piercing, no pay so you'd want to have a nestegg or a sideline.

Is this a part time course ?? Do you have anymore info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So my question is where can I learn about piercing in Ireland ??
    Apart from the shops that do it, there isn't. Here, the States, and most other places IIRC don't even have a standerd that you must know before you can pierce :eek:

Is this a part time course ?? Do you have anymore info on it?

Nope it is a 6 year apprenticeship. If you want to be as good as Steve and the lads there then they reckon that it takes 6 years. I was considering it until I heard the bit about 6 years full time with no pay.
    A part-time course would not be good enough.
    If you want more information then phone snakebite.

• Advertisement

That's crazy, how could I possibly take 6 years off unpaid !!!

Ah boll0x :mad:

Ai that's basically what I said to Steve and he said well it depends on how bad you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

I am hoping to do it very soon.. just have to save up enough to keep me going for the next 6 years...

the only thing is they all don't take people on.. snake bite said they arent at this point in time..

there is always a night job

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

6 year apprenticeship is the most stupid thing i have ever heard.
    You could be a qualified doctor opening up people in the that time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

i heard its only 2 years off them and you just go on the dole for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

its not six years,its only 2 and it is unpaid,
    but you dont go on the books so you can go on the dole while doing it, but you'd have to really really want to do it if you're willing to go two years unpaid

I've been in touch with Snakebite as they are my first preference and Rob said that they are not taking on aprentices at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There's a piercing school called body morphosis in London. They do courses that last a week but one course might say cover facial piercings so you'd have to do several before you could actually set yourself up as a piercer with all the neccesary skills. trainees practise on each other and on members of the public loking for a cheap piercing a bit like a hair dressing college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 david whyte

there is a course in monaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ZOMBIE THREAD LIVES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 david whyte

?????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

?????????????????????????????????

thread necromancy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement