Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carpet Dye??

• 18-02-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever tried dying car carpets??
    My carpets have faded over the years from Black to a light grey. Has anyone tried dying and what products have you used??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I would love to know the answer to this too.
    Especially if you can just rub something on instead of removing carpets/trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I think I saw some advertised somewhere ???

Have a look in 'Practical Classics', or similar mag.

As a matter of interest, what sort of car is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

to do best job you have to remove carpet from the car, Use the best dye you can get and make sure the carpet is dry before you put it back.

If you do this in the car, there is big chance that dye will never go permanent and the only thing that will change the color ...

would be your shoes :D

can't remember what was the make of the dye we used but it is possible on some carpets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I've seen a spray on dye in the States...but can't source any here.
    (Its for an old Porsche 924)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

as a matter of interest, have you costed a new carpet for the car ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement