Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing time

Options
  • 18-02-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

i've taken nearly all my piercings out bar two. some seem to have closed up over night(had them 9-10 months) others about a year and they are nearly all closed...

would i be able to reopen them or should i get repeirced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

If you need to use force or if you are causing yourself discomfort you will need to get them repierced unless yu want to really make a balls of the hole by forcing blunt jewellery through it.

You will need to allow at least a few weeks before attempting to have them pierced again and even then you will be piercing through leaher like scar tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

cheers bolox anyway.......

didn't want them out but had to could believe how face my counch healed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Before getting the conch repierced you will have to wait at least a couple of weeks and I can guarantee you that will be painful.

Even getting my tragus piercied a second time was really painful. It effected the whole side of my head for a half hour...or maybe I just have a f*cked up nervous system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

in hospital and was told to remove them..

i couldn't put them back in for a few days by then they had closed up.

i got my tounge repeirced a good few years ago and clearly remember it hurting alot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

in hospital and was told to remove them..

i couldn't put them back in for a few days by then they had closed up.

i got my tounge repeirced a good few years ago and clearly remember it hurting alot

sorry to hear it cajun!
    it happens all of us at some stage though..... :(

the only two that stayed were my hood and tounge..

does the hood ever heal?

not that i want it too its just i've taken it out fr weeks at a time.... and its gone back in no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

you might not have to get them re-pierced if you go into you're studio real soon. I lost my conch one weekend, had it about 4 months, out for 3 days I think. Went into snake bite and he had this tool that was really slender (like a sewing needle)at one end but got gradually wider. Anyway he puts the needle end in then pushes it slowly, if it's not causing unbearable pain he pushes it intil he gets to the part of the tool thats the same diameter as the jewellery, then once it's held the piercing open a bit he can slip the tool out and the jewellery in.

There's no threads on the tool so it doesn't do any damage. Hurts a bit for a while but after half an hour its fine.

cheers might drop into them at lunch cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

you might not have to get them re-pierced if you go into you're studio real soon. I lost my conch one weekend, had it about 4 months, out for 3 days I think. Went into snake bite and he had this tool that was really slender (like a sewing needle)at one end but got gradually wider. Anyway he puts the needle end in then pushes it slowly, if it's not causing unbearable pain he pushes it intil he gets to the part of the tool thats the same diameter as the jewellery, then once it's held the piercing open a bit he can slip the tool out and the jewellery in.

There's no threads on the tool so it doesn't do any damage. Hurts a bit for a while but after half an hour its fine.

that sounds like a taper for stretching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

My belly bar and eyebrow bar were rejected by my body and ive huge scars. :-/ I have another 13 piercings and no others have been rejected.. bit worried my nape might be though.. that's pretty recent.. anyway my point is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-| lol

Advertisement