Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved Threads

Options
  • 18-02-2005 3:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought that the mods wen't going to actively moving threads to the sub boards??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Rew wrote:
    I thought that the mods wen't going to actively moving threads to the sub boards??

i thought that too. Im still going to post to the general game board.
    Noone wants the ps or xbox boards :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's Devore's orders to the mods. We just have to put up with it even if it is killing threads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I started some of the moved stuff and I knew about the PS board when I posted, if Id wanted it there id have posted there.

I dont think PSP/DS stuff belongs in Playstation either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hmm, Ill bet the people who actually ordered this change dont play games themselves? and arent posters on the games forums?

This is what you get with a dictatorship though :(

What annoys me is that its not consistant. X-Box, PS but no Nintendo.

Would it not be better to Split it in to Consoles and Handhelds or similar.

Its annoying that DS posts stay in Games but PSP ones go to Playstatation, but seems to me that there threads that belong together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

L5 wrote:
    Hmm, Ill bet the people who actually ordered this change dont play games themselves? and arent posters on the games forums?

Yep and they are also the admins. I'm moving to www.boards.cuba

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Viva Cuba.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

L5 wrote:

This is what you get with a dictatorship though :(

:eek:

Think of it this way. You have a garden, with a sandbox in it. You put a sign out the front saying "sandbox out back, play in it for free!"

One day you decide to take away a few of the buckets and replace them with rubber duckies. Then there's UPROAR! I can't believe you changed to duckies, you're such an idiot. It's your sandbox, you can do whatever you like, but people are crying over it anyway.

I know it's not a very good analogy but it works in my head.

You obviously also don't really know much about boards.ie, the whole thing started off as a gaming forum, so saying the admins don't know anything about gaming is pretty much wrong on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

koneko wrote:
    Think of it this way. You have a garden, with a sandbox in it. You put a sign out the front saying "sandbox out back, play in it for free!"

One day you decide to take away a few of the buckets and replace them with rubber duckies. Then there's UPROAR! I can't believe you changed to duckies, you're such an idiot. It's your sandbox, you can do whatever you like, but people are crying over it anyway.
    Quite the amusing analogy that....

I can't see what's the big deal here, it's not the end of the world. Devore said he wanted to try this out, not that this is the way it's gonna be for ever and ever. Come on people, it's just a few extra clicks a day....And it might not even last for long.

I wouldn't be complaining as much if the duckies where replaced by monkeys in the analogy.

• Advertisement

There is a subtle difernace between "trying out" and "forceing upon" and as i said there not consistant, where ths nintendo fourm? What about cross consle threads (the one about futire consle trends for example) where do they go? The PSP threads moved to playstation have alot about the DS as well.

Shouldnt the regualr users of games have a say? When was DeVores last post to Games?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

"Down with this sort of thing"
    "Careful now"

In fairness to him he did recently post in the thread about the sub-fourms:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2391180&postcount=49

;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's Devore's orders to the mods.

What he said. But if most of you don’t want to post on the new boards just don’t, no one is making you. Remember if the starting topic is a not about the PS or Xbox brands/formats, or about more then one format, it will not be moved.

I don’t like it at all, but I cant question an admin when they give me such an order.

With all respect to the idea behind the decision, this whole thing reminds me of the idea that ‘you’re an old customer; well sorry this offer is for new customers only’.

monument wrote:
    What he said. But if most of you don’t want to post on the new boards just don’t, no one is making you. Remember if the starting topic is a not about the PS or Xbox brands/formats, or about more then one format, it will not be moved.

I don’t like it at all, but I cant question an admin when they give me such an order.

With all respect to the idea behind the decision, this whole thing reminds me of the idea that ‘you’re an old customer; well sorry this offer is for new customers only’.

Grand, but I just want to pont out (being the big handheld fan boy that iv become) DeVore said to move the PS1/2/3 threads not the PSP ones, so can we keep them on Games?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

koneko wrote:
    . It's your sandbox, you can do whatever you like, but people are crying over it anyway.

sandboxes get boring without other people to play with in them though so if you want to have fun you have to keep others happy (well until AI becomes good enough that we can get rid of real people). sad fact of life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ok this whole thread is boring and doesn't have enough crap about Games in it. I invoke the off-topic rule and am locking it.

The new forums aren't going anywhere. The end. Shut. up.

In the matter of moving threads from this forum to the new ones, there is some opposition to this from the Games mods, myself included, but I understand the wish for boards to grow so more people can fit in. Look at The Cuckoo's nest, it flourished quite well and hasn't taken traffic away from After Hours. Sure, it's mostly gimmick threads but sometimes genius occurs.

So moving threads wouldn't be a permanent policy, just until the baby forums grow. Sure, they'll atract those that think they are in some sort of gang because they have a PS2 but let's face it, there's a lot of those people out there and they're coming onto boards in droves. Hasn't anybody thought it'd be nice if those people had their own special forums. Special people should have special forums. Have you no compassion? I think back to when Personal Issues was created. Suddenly, without warning, After Hours was bereft of I'VE GOT SPOTS ON ME WILLY BUT DOES SHE FANCY ME threads. Was that a bad thing?

Yes, I've changed my mind, not because I'm weak or that I'm brown nosing the Admins, but because I understand the situation better now. And through understanding comes enlightenment. mmmmmm Zen. The games forum will still be a forum for gamers. We are the ones that appreciate the art of gaming, we are the ones that import new precious's because we just can't wait 2 damned months for some crappy company to get it's marketing act together. We are the ones that stay up all night drinking sweet caffeine laced beverages until our eyes bleed, lost in another world, another dimension, all the while gaining precious, precious XP and tin, I CAN MAKE BRONZE NOW!

Anyway, shut the fuck up and get back on topic or I'll stab you all because I'm a level 17.5 rogue who's a very large black man with very masculine facial hair and also I'm itching like a leper gnome to abuse my Games Catagory mod powers.

P.s. Love you all! See you when I'm level 22!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement