Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat recovery ventilation units

• 18-02-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know roughly how much a heat recovery ventilation unit costs to install?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

You don't give much info, but 2 workers put in mine in less than a day, this was before there was much other obstructions while house was being built, so it was straightforward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Wobs wrote:
    Hi,

Does anybody know roughly how much a heat recovery ventilation unit costs to install?

I had a couple of quotes done for a 4 bed 2500 approx. house. averaging out at about €3,000 but it obviously depends on how much return or supply ducting you need and waht type of system you want to use.
    The Drimaster ECOSMART with ECOHEATEX from NUAIRE is the latest combination I have come across, but I am not totally convinced by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. The house is 2863 sq ft, so it would probably be in around the 3-4 grand mark from what your experience was. Is it something you can install yourself or is it best to have it done by the company you buy from? I would be going in as the house is being built so there will be few obstuctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Wobs wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. The house is 2863 sq ft, so it would probably be in around the 3-4 grand mark from what your experience was. Is it something you can install yourself or is it best to have it done by the company you buy from? I would be going in as the house is being built so there will be few obstuctions.

It shouldn't be a problem to fit it yourself, just run the ducting to the various rooms and back to the heat exchanger, however check what the installation charges are as it will save you a lot of hassle if you just get them to do it (more experience and will get the job done quickly)

Advertisement