Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need to get new key

Options
  • 18-02-2005 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

i need to get a new key for my 99 opel astra. it needs to be coded for the immoboliser as well. where in dublin can i get this done, somewhere that is open saturdays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

would recommend a Key generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just head down to your local Opel dealer.....at least you will know it works as it has to be coded for the immoboliser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Opel might charge a lot for it. I was talking to a locksmith from Cuneens in Cork recently and he said that they can do some minor programming in the keys... Phone one of the bigger locksmiths in Dublin just to ask if they'd be able to do it and then get a quote so that you can compare it with what Opel says.

The locksmith I was talking to said that the some of the newer cars with more advanced coding are much more expensive since you have to go back to the official dealer, and he mentioned a guy who lost his key for a Toyota Avensis and had to go back to Toyota to get it replaced and was charged €700 for a new key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

happened tp me before with a bmw. rang up the garage it had been from initially six years earlier and gave them the reg and chassis no. they then gave me the code which i brought to a locksmith on amiens street. got new key for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a Toyota Landcruiser and wanted a spare key (only had 1)
    got the toyota garage to order a blank , a locksmiths to cut it and took it back for recoding.
    I have since found out how to recode the key yourself.
    it involves opening and shutting the door and switching the ign. on and off.
    anyone needs to do it themselves PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement