Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Camara

• 18-02-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry lads but this guy is a joke, check out his latest rant....

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1171521,00.html

Talk about a Coca Cola yes man. People think hes great, because he s**ts on about an "unbelievable " nil all draw, ha ha, soooo funny, not ! For more fun check out his Euro 04 awards, complete bias to the extreme (as Ice might say) giving England the fans of the tournament, I mean F Off Chris !!!

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,18-1141674,00.html

Flops of the tournament: France, they beat England and only lost to the eventual winners :rolleyes:
    Fans of the tournament : England by a mile, I mean f off they booed every oppositions anthem and got into sh*t as usual with their hooligans behaviour. :rolleyes:

Suppose everyone likes him eh? I think hes just your average Sky sh*t pundit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

That was the Sol Campbell 'goal' against Portugal. I keep on listening to all the excuses about why it was right to disallow it but every time I think about it, I come to the same conclusion: referees don't know the game. I think that was proved with Greece's goal in the final. The goalkeeper put himself in a position where he could not get the ball but this time John Terry was not stood nearby to be blamed. I think we need to sit them in a room and explain why they get it wrong rather than letting people like Jeff Winter make such stupid statements.
    I still have this "goal" on my PC. The keeper could not get to the ball because there were two English players on top of him (as the picture shows). The keeper didn't jomp more than an inch or two off the ground because he was plain and simply impeded. His hand was a couple of inches away from the ball and if Terry's arm wasn't preventing him from stretching, he most certainly would have got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I read the exact same thing and said the exact same thing. He really is an utter tool. An aluminium coke bottle? That is a load of crap. Manager of the month should deserve a meal out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

BolBill wrote:
    For more fun check out his Euro 04 awards, complete bias to the extreme (as Ice might say) giving England the fans of the tournament, I mean F Off Chris !!!

Take your anti English glasses off for a minute, name a country (apart from the hosts) that had a better and bigger following in Euro 2004?

Sure there are still some ****ing knuckle draggers that give them a bad name but the same can be said of most countries fans.

P.S I like Kamara, he is a lot more lively that some of the rubbish pundits about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can you show me where he says France are the biggest flops because they beat England but lost the tournie?
    That has got to be the French. I have never been as disappointed by a game as I was by France's performance against Greece in the quarter-finals. It was bad enough that they played poorly in the group stage but they could not even lift their game when it mattered. They have top, top players but they underperformed both as individuals and as a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I know he talks complete crap but the guy is entertaining.

What about that hair and tache combo? Legend.

AutoChrisKamara.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

he good, that only because i get to laugh at the complete **** he comes out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

A few years ago he was reporting before a Div 1 game at Gillingham. He'd just started with his pre-match comments when a chant of "Chris Camara what a wanker" breaks out. At least he saw the funny side - the lads in the studio certainly did.

Last Friday night, I wasn't too happy with his refering to Ipswich as "us". Also he remained fairly quiet when Preston were denied a blatant penalty. At least other comentators make no secrets of their allegiances (McClintock etc.) and don't pretend to be neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

when you can all sit and commentate on a football match for 90 minutes, and then also offer some semblence of sum up without constantly bickering over pedantic details, then you can post this sort of rubbish up.

if you can hide behind your keyboard, and some offer some nitt picking excuses as to why you dont like him, and others offer no evidence at all, and claim to do better, then stick your hand up.

as for this:
    I think hes just your average Sky sh*t pundit.

well, i think you are just your average Boards.ie sh1t poster, and i have never actually seen you write anything interesting or entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

snip...

if you can hide behind your keyboard, and some offer some nitt picking excuses as to why you dont like him, and others offer no evidence at all, and claim to do better, then stick your hand up.

I won't hold all my hand up - just one finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Ok Whitewashman and galactus banned for a week. This is exactly the crap we were on about last week.

Seansouth and rkm also banned for a week as they were sponsors of galactus. No sponsors involved for WWM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

I'm fed up of the sterile analysis you see on TV. He is a breath of fresh air. At least he is entertaining. No harm in a bit of bias either. Football is a passionate game with biased passionate fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I'm fed up of the sterile analysis you see on TV. He is a breath of fresh air. At least he is entertaining. No harm in a bit of bias either. Football is a passionate game with biased passionate fans.

THats your opinion , but for me no-one can beat Gordon Strachan , he picks out things that are so important in games that you wouldn't even think of till he picks them out .He's a legend .

Advertisement