Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software for Remixing??

• 18-02-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    just wonderin whats da best software to use for remixin or even just liftin vocals from tunes to make an instrumental.....can anyone help??
    Thanx in advance... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

you cant really lift a vocal from a song, not completely cleany anyway. Need to get the acapella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

I don't know how well this works, I've never tried it... but if you could find an instrumental of a song, you could "subtract" the instruments from the original song. Usually instrumentals are easier to find than acappellas. You'd have to invert the instrumental waveform in, say, Cool Edit, and then mix it over the original song. (ie - original + (-instrumental) )

Sounds ok in theory, but I'm sure there'd be problems with timing and getting the volume of both just right. MP3 artefacts could mess it up a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

I have heard that u can use acid pro to do that , but im not sure how to do it just a suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

are you looking to make instrumental passages & extend the length of the song ? or do you want to extract the vocals to use the vocal tracks?
    The reason i ask is because its easier to blank out vocals than it is to extract em.
    most audio sequencers (cubase/sonar/acis pro/logic/fl studio etc will then allow you to mix your bits together & burn them to cd /mp3 whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

tbh i was just lookin 4 a package dat could maybe do all of da above pretty much, started usin acid pro 4 last nite there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

check out acapellas4u.co.uk for tips & some free acapella downloads to get ya started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Kingsize wrote:
    check out acapellas4u.co.uk for tips & some free acapella downloads to get ya started.

Thanks for the link. Pity theres a limit on how many acapellas you can download. How and ever, thanks. :)

Advertisement