Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod with a problem.any ideas?

Options
  • 18-02-2005 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi

i've had a 40gig ipod for over a year now and it was working fine for all the songs i had on it (~6000) but recently it has picked on some songs and wont play them . for some of this songs(~200), it will play a small bit it the start and maybe some in the middle and thats it , for others it wont play any of the song :mad: .

the ipod is formatted for mac but i also use it with my pc, using a program that allows windows to read mac HDs.i have installed the latest apple softwear on the ipod.

when i use the ipod with itunes on either computer the program will frezze up after a short time.

Would anyone have a clue as to the problem ?and maybe some solution to the problem ?,other then reinitalizing the HD and deleting all songs.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Its quite possibly the mac and pc using, see your using a program 'allows windows to read mac HDs'thats probably it, the program is putting music where it shouldnt be and thats why iTunes is freezing up.
    Mine did the same, until I used iTunes on both, now im mac only however.
    Backup and format it,sorry.(Only takes about 10mins!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Brian Griffin

thanks for the sugesstion , might have to do it .only thing is i wont be able to back up thoses that it wont read . ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Well iTunes your having the problem in, and you cant take music back off with iTunes.Use a program like iPod Rip or somethin and just copy the whole drive and paste it somewhere else, even if your iPod mounts as a disk in windows explorer, just copy and paste it as a whole, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Brian Griffin

ipod rip and such programs will rip most of the files but if you try and rip the files that the ipod wont play it'll frezz up.

Advertisement