Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what phone to get?????

Options
  • 18-02-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys,
    Thinking of getting a new phone, cant decide which one to get. I was going to go for a 3g phone, looking at the sony ericson one but just feel that they are way to big and blocky. So then i saw the new motorola v3, (i think it is) and it looks so sweet. Just wondering if anybody knew anything about it, our if there are any other good phones out there that i should consider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

any specific features u looking for and how much u willing to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 laura007

I want a phone that will do most of the basics, I dont really mind too much. Would be willing to spend whateva I dont really mind once its a decent enough phone. It would be handy if the phone was small enough though I hate them when there really big like th 3g sony ericsson. Any ideas???? Have u heard anything bout the motorrola v3, thats the one that i think il prob get.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

thats supposed to be an incredible phone. I have the nokia 6230 and i couldnt complain has everything you need in a phone. If your looking for something unique try out the nokia 7280 or the siemens sk65

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The v3 is muck. I was going to get one myself till i got to use a real 1. The dummy phone in the phone shop looked nice (although the screen seems very stubby) but withing 30 seconds of useing a powered up one I went for the v800. The menu's seem terrible and awkward to use. I now have a v800 and a 6630, really like both phones and would have no problem recommending either, but i much prefer the styling of the v800, lovely phone, and very easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Stekelly wrote:
    The v3 is muck. I was going to get one myself till i got to use a real 1. The dummy phone in the phone shop looked nice (although the screen seems very stubby) but withing 30 seconds of useing a powered up one I went for the v800. The menu's seem terrible and awkward to use. I now have a v800 and a 6630, really like both phones and would have no problem recommending either, but i much prefer the styling of the v800, lovely phone, and very easy to use.

THat's the "razor" v3 is it? Looks great, but I had a bad experience with my last Motorola (the V66) (it sucked in terms of battery and signal). Very tempting again....is the OS really that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

THat's the "razor" v3 is it? Looks great, but I had a bad experience with my last Motorola (the V66) (it sucked in terms of battery and signal). Very tempting again....is the OS really that bad?

I'm actually a fan of motorola phone, have had loads and always liked them, thats why I was going to get the v3 and it does look greta but I just didnt like it when I used it. It may be just a personal thing but I'd get a look at a working one before buying if I were you.

Advertisement