Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wario Ware Touched.

Options
  • 18-02-2005 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

What do you all think of Wario Ware on the DS? I love it. It's maddeningly addictive. I thought I wouldn't like it, but now that I have the demo I can't stop playing it. It's a great use of the touch screen technology. I just got up to level 69. I'm definitly buying this game on release day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I've got the game and I like it a lot even though it's a bit short. The little extra unlockables are really cool too. :D

Nintendo are showcasing the DS from Mar.11th - Mar. 13th in St. Stephen's Green shopping centre. It's gonna be soooo cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Do you have the full game? If it's just the demo (which is all I have till March 11th), then tell me more about these unlockables! How do you mean short? Sure the games are short, but that's not a bad thing.

Can't wait for the Nintendo promotion. Hopefully they will be giving out freebies, I'm hoping for some tshirts or the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, I've got the full game. The unlockables are like little toys you can play with when you do things like complete a character's series of games. One of them is a 2 player game of table tennis where you get a friend to stand at the other end of the DS and use the top screen and the left shoulder button to control their paddle. Another is a breath capacity measurer where you blow into the mic. It's soooo cool.

I mean short in that you can complete the whole game in about 3 or 4 sittings, unlike Pokemon, Fire Emblem, T.L.O.Z.: The Minish Cap, etc. which take a good while.

I hadn't thought about freebies. That would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Level 77 in the demo. I was spurred on by rubbish Simpsons on the telly behind me. Really can't wait for these two new WarioWares!!! Anyone know when Twisted is out? Eurogamer seems to prefer it to Touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn you all and your ninja WarioWare skillz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have Touched ordered, should have it Tuesday. Twisted is out in the US on March 21st, and is definitely the next game on my shopping list.....

Oh.. I didn't know there were two games coming out.... /me needs to read more gaming sites.

FYI, Touched is a DS game, Twisted is a GBA game.

TmB wrote:
    FYI, Touched is a DS game, Twisted is a GBA game.
    Ah. I'll have to play one of the GBA WarioWare games. I played one of them for a little bit but didn't like it too much. Wario Ware Touched makes great use of the touch screen, which I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i got the gamecube warioware for free and because of it i definitely am gettin the ds version on release day. havnt even played the cube version on multiplayer yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Touched AFAIK is mainly a port of Twisted so dont be too disapointed if you get both and find its ver similar.

Rew wrote:
    Touched AFAIK is mainly a port of Twisted so dont be too disapointed if you get both and find its ver similar.
    I suspect they would play different considering how much Touched relies on the touch screen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Syth wrote:
    I suspect they would play different considering how much Touched relies on the touch screen.
    True, but they basicly ported it from a tilt sensor to a stylus so id say its better on a GBA. There are stylus specfic one though.

Rew wrote:
    True, but they basicly ported it from a tilt sensor to a stylus so id say its better on a GBA. There are stylus specfic one though.
    Oh yeah, the tilt sensor game. I what's that like, because I'm sure it plays differently from touched.

Got it yesterday and finished it last night. Fun game, but a bit disappointing. I still have some bits to unlock, and to work through all the rose challenges, but I've seen almost everything. Warioware on the GBA was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

They have a demo DS in Game on Dawson st with Warioware running on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Aye, and no stylus.

Aye, and no stylus.
    Really? :) So you have to use your fingers? Think of the number of people who scratched their arse before using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Level 89! The damn balloon popping thing got me in the end. Hopefully the full version should be delivered here tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Got it today, friend was over in the US and returned today. Beat the basic game in a few hours but then theres the small matter of collecting the extras. Should keep me occupied for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

89!!!! holy ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got the full game this morning and it's pure class. I finished the main game, but in doing so you only see about a quarter of what the game has to offer, not to mention the high-score potential that will keep you going for months. I love the 'Karioke' levels too when you have to blow into the microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

looking forward to this, just ordered for a mere €24 squids on dvdsoon which means i should get it around ds launch day due to their slow shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Got mine from Dvdsoon today. Was shipped 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i had a little go on this in gamestop in henry street, my god was it addictive, they were queueing behind me to have a go, got to level 58,

this has made me want a DS, but unlucky for me the funds are like at zero

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have been playing it on and off since I got it in mid january and its a cracking title, Finished it only to find I have to have all the silver crowns, got them and now need to get all the minigames cleared to get the gold crowns, my god its a great game.
    Probably even better in English!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

man the demo is so addictive. ive only managed to get to level 48. does the full game have the game mode that's in the demo?

Advertisement