Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typing rather than writing?

• 18-02-2005 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

In school, whenever you get a pep talk on studying, you are told to write while you read, summarizing each paragraph as it helps you remember it. Although this has proven to be true, I wonder is the effect the same with typing?

I've always typed alot faster than I've wrote, so now that I'm starting to study I've been typing out summaries etc rather than writing them, just wondering if the general consensus is that it has the same effect as writing, or if it's not as good (or even if it's better)? Have any studies been carried out on this?

Fobia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think because writing is slower, as you are writing you have to spend more time thinking about it so it could be better.

However, I tried typing out summaries and things, and because it was faster than writing I actually did it as opposed to.. not doing it, so in that way it's better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

its better to write it out (its the sad truth)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

its better to write it out (its the sad truth)
    Why?

Advertisement